Have u voted in the 2010 PurseBlog Readers' Choice Award for HH?

mibelleson

No new bag for mama
Mar 16, 2009
I just voted, and HH says on their FB page:

"PS- if HH wins, we'll give away 1 TRON CLU hobo to a true blue HH FB fan + 1 of each TRON cuff...if we win, 4 HH FB fans will win too!"

Slightly OT..but yet not.

Don't misunderstand me. I have loved DVF's wrap dresses since I saved forever to get my first one "back in the day"..and in fact I still have it..gorgeous black print. I felt like a gazillion bucks when I wore it to business meetings and everyone else was wearing "power suits".

OK..for your viewing pleasure, consideration, and discussion..DVF bags. http://tinyurl.com/2brbacu

MiB...I'm so tired of seeing Juicy anything. It's in every discount shopping site and brick and mortar.

Honestly, ITA.and IMHO as far as the handbags..they are a junior targeted company at this point in time...again..for your viewing pleasure.

http://tinyurl.com/22wfprx

Last edited:
TBH, I do like other designer's bags in the same price category as HH (designer but not premier designer) but none of them are featured on TPF. I'm also not a huge fan of many premier designer bags. I don't buy into the hype or the "it" bag or anything along those line. For me it's alway form, function, construction, details, leather, ease of use, even if it's edgy or girly.

That's why I was a fan of HH from the moment I laid my eyes on the first HH I purchased off the 'bay..even before I went down to the mothership, won the fashion show auction, lunched with Toni and met the design staff..former and current. When I look at Toni's sketches, I see how she melds her Industrial Design background with her love of fashion and understand of why things work for women. Is she spot on all the time? No. But even when she isn't, there still something about that bag that stands out above the rest of the pack. That's why I voted for HH.

Again, TBH, had Be&D been in the running I would have been in a much more difficult position and hard pressed to make up my mind, because I adore those bags and SLGs as well..and wouldn't you know it, Be&D's original design duo are also from Greenpoint..maybe it's something in the water..nah..especially neither the Gowanus Canal nearby nor the East River either....Greenpoint..the indie designer incubator.

Logos give me hives..just sayin'..and I don't "get" Chanel either:shocked:??? Sorry..I just don't get it..so there :blah:

I actually have bags from several of the designers competing, but I have to say that I am really impressed with the originality of the HH designs. I had to vote for them based on that alone.

Are they the most influential? I don't know. They do seem to be the most original though.

Lol, yes. When I was 15, thought that my mother was finished having children. One day, when I was a FRESHMAN in high school, she says "we are having a baby." No, "WE" were NOT having a baby; I was speechless, TBH. My baby sister was not a planned addition to the family, but I love her dearly- even though I am almost old enough to be her mother!!!:P

I act more like her mother. Shame on me.

Ambri - you have a 15 year old sister???

I just voted and HH is in second place now.

I think just the fact that HH did the Fantasia & Tron collections, they should win. The other designers are nice, but they don't stand out for 2010 imo. If Disney likes them enough to represent them, then I give them my thumbs up. :biggrin:

:P Ha ha, Mib! I think the sweats/track suits are very comfortable. However, I feel too old to be young and hip, lol!

Maybe that is why my 15 year old sister thinks I am "not cool."

I refuse to have "Juicy" written over my butt, but I do agree that the track suits are comfy. No matter if I FEEL old, I do like being young and hip. I guess I just don't want to be mistaken for a 15yo dressing like a grandma from the back. hehe! Big minus of being a short petite woman. My mom is shorter and smaller framed, and when she was my age, she was stopped by the police cuz they thought a little kid was driving on the fwy. lol