Article: Craftsmen making extra money on the side

serene

Vintage since '08
O.G.
Mar 23, 2008
I happened to wonder into this article and read an interesting thing about the hermes' craftsmen

" I met a Parisian who exchanged her very interesting Birkin story. She owns a vintage store in Faubourg and she sells quite a few Hermes bags. She told me that the artisans at Hermes don’t get paid much but what they do get is a bag free of cost. This woman buys the bags from the workers at a fraction of the cost. However, the bags that are given to the artisans bear a mark on the inside of the buckle strap (which typically bears the year that the bag was made, usually symbolized by an initial as well as the initials of the artisan) and so upon purchasing the bag, the store-owner gets rid of the mark so that the bag can in no way be traced back to the worker who sold it. Therefore, the artisan makes extra money without losing their job."
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/3101/a-fashionistas-birkin-adventure/

I wouldn't mind getting one at a fraction of the cost or free :biggrin: anyone knows a craftsman? I want to have a chat!
I wonder do all the family of those craftsmen have birkins etc?

I happened to wonder into this article and read an interesting thing about the hermes' craftsmen

" I met a Parisian who exchanged her very interesting Birkin story. She owns a vintage store in Faubourg and she sells quite a few Hermes bags. She told me that the artisans at Hermes don’t get paid much but what they do get is a bag free of cost. This woman buys the bags from the workers at a fraction of the cost. However, the bags that are given to the artisans bear a mark on the inside of the buckle strap (which typically bears the year that the bag was made, usually symbolized by an initial as well as the initials of the artisan) and so upon purchasing the bag, the store-owner gets rid of the mark so that the bag can in no way be traced back to the worker who sold it. Therefore, the artisan makes extra money without losing their job."
http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/3101/a-fashionistas-birkin-adventure/

I wouldn't mind getting one at a fraction of the cost or free :biggrin: anyone knows a craftsman? I want to have a chat!
I wonder do all the family of those craftsmen have birkins etc?

Well, the craftmen's ID thing doesn't exactly work this way, and I am very skeptical... anyway, please also take into account that the bag pictured ad the top of the article is a hideous fake, and how funny, one of the first comments to that article is by a certain Michael *******.

Consider the source: a blogger who is not known for any expertise in Hermes, relating what she says she heard from an unidentified person. Not exactly the gold standard for facts here.

This is just bad....

hermes-birkin-bag-red-fish-silver-1-640x480.jpg

I for one think that whole article if fake. I read an almost excat story a while back in a chic lit book about a shopoholic. I assume she just wrote it for the publicity sake. :P

Syma: You crack me up! :P