Why wasn't the Teal dot Sophia more popular?

ponytail

Sep 16, 2009
I have wanted the teal dot Sophia for months now! I went ahead and bought the Crimson dot and the cobalt paten but I just can't seem to get this bag out of my head.

I just read that the teal is slated to be among the first deletes after Christmas so it seems that not many bought it. There haven't been any on Ebay either ( I guess that will change once it hits the outlets!!)

Do you think it's because it only came in the small size or is the colour not to everyone's taste?

I know if I had access to an outlet I'd be among the first lined up to get this one!!

I do not think it was as publicized as the other colors...like the Crimson. Dillards, Macys, you name it...they had the black, brown, and crimson dotted Sophias.
But I do not recall hearing about the teal being anywhere other than boutiques. I had a feeling that it would not sell a great deal...and it would end up at outlets...and THEN it would become rare. So, if you like it and find it at an outlet or for a great price online...my advice is to buy it then. That is basically your "2nd chance" before you won't be able to find it for less than 80% retail.
Just my two cents.

I think it's because people tend to lean more towards leather. For the most part, people have been buying the gathered and patent Sophias and not so much any of the other styles. If you love the teal dotted one, go back and get it!!! Or better yet, wait for it to go back to the outlet and return the crimson. Just because everyone is obsessed with one thing, doesn't mean it's the right choice for you. I personally don't care for the gathered Sophias and none of the patent Sophia colors appeal to me right now. I have the black dotted one because black goes with everything, it has silver hardware, and I like the dotted print. This is one scenario where I love the dotted signature print more than the leather. I also love the clover print too. I'm getting that when it hits the outlet.

Besides the teal dotted op art, the only other Sophia that's leaving next Friday is the Clover colored leather (bright green), so if you have your eye on either, it will be time to start stalking the outlets right after the holiday.

Next Friday as in what date?

I think the Crimson was popular due to red and holidays etc. I always noticed the teal displayed in the corner, just did not jump out at you. I debated this bag, if it was all leather there would be no debate, I would own it. Teal for me is usually worn as an accent color on shirts with prints and patterns. Therefore the op art would not get much use as all leather. If I see this baby at the outlet, I am grabbing it!!

Thanks for the replies. The closest outlet to me is thousands of miles away so I won't be able to pick it up any time.I'll just watch in envy as you guys all do your reveals !!

I love my crimson dotted and my cobalt so I don't regret buying them at all.

I took my crimson dotted Sophia out this weekend and today and got more compliments on this bag than any other bag I own.....so weird! I mean I love it and all but it is not the nicest bag in my collection, LOL. Crossing fingers to get a teal at the outlet!!

Next Friday as in what date?

I think the Crimson was popular due to red and holidays etc. I always noticed the teal displayed in the corner, just did not jump out at you. I debated this bag, if it was all leather there would be no debate, I would own it. Teal for me is usually worn as an accent color on shirts with prints and patterns. Therefore the op art would not get much use as all leather. If I see this baby at the outlet, I am grabbing it!!

The new floorset goes out on Friday the 24th which is when the deletes will be heading to the outlet, so I would expect to start seeing them during the middle of the following week and after depending on how they're distributed in your particular area.

It seems that the khaki with khaki leather is also heading that way in addition to the teal.