Bags with known quality issues...I'm making a list

eyegirl2k7

May 5, 2008
I'm starting this thread in the hopes that people who have had quality issues with bags will list them here. It would be useful for us to know which ones are prone to problems.

Metallic amethyst audrey: Has been known to flake. This issue also applies to the Kristin pleated satchel, flap, and crossbody in the same material.

Lilac patent mia convertible: On mine, the patent peeled and cracked by the middle seam.

Kristin putty patent small hobo: Black dots underneath the top layer of the leather.

Gunmetal Alexandra: prone to peeling

Kristin marcasite hobo: prone to peeling

Floral sophia: handle unraveling.

1st generation Poppy black siggy glam tote: peeling handles.

I'm pretty sure I know of more but I can't remember right now.

Legacy bags: sealant peels. Turnlock issues.

Older Madison bags (certain colors) are prone to serious fading.

Pretty much any metallic bag from any brand runs the risk of peeling or flaking.

Peyton blue shoulder (from spring 2010) - anything that touches it scratches it. (luckily I was able to return mine - the SAs said that should never ever happen to a bag). I'm going to assume it was probably any of the blue leather in that spring peyton line.

Cambridge bags with the darker metal hardware: Has POTENTIAL to pit/corrode, does not happen on ALL items, but a good number of them.

Signature Carly's had the un-raveling of material at the corners, not sure if it's that prevalent now, but was in the older series.

This is a great reference thread. Kudos to you eyegirl2k7! Just a thought though, you guys should include style #'s too if possible and be sure to use the complete name of the bag and the specific color(s) of the bag that have the issue (e.g., sometimes only a particular color like gunmetal has a flaking/peeling issue). It'll make it easy for people who do a search of this thread to find out if a specific bag has an issue.