Damier ebene Speedy- yay or nay?

(please read post first!) Buy a Damier Speedy- please comment too!

• Go go go!! You won't regret it...

• Dont buy it

Results are only viewable after voting.

xruletarusax

Dec 29, 2009
Help me, LV lovers!

Every time I see someone with a speedy, I turn and stare. It makes the wearer so fashionable, sophisticated, and classy.

BUT, every time I seriously consider buying one, I pause. I'm in my early twenties, dress pretty conservatively (Banana republic tops, jeans), love Balenciaga, love statement jewelry, pop accessories... Here are my concernors

Pros:
Classy & timeless
Rainy day bag!
Indestructable
Stunning

Cons:
Lots of fakes unfortunately
Handheld (maybe I can get the shoulder strap, are they still available?)
Might Get too much unwanted attention- unsafe?
Recently moved to a smaller town :sad: LV too out of place ?
Lots of money
690 for non leather

Why did you or didn't you purchase a speedy? Did you regret it? Did you fall in love with it after purchase?

Last edited:
Help me, LV lovers!

Every time I see someone with a speedy, I turn and stare. It makes the wearer so fashionable, sophisticated, and classy.

BUT, every time I seriously consider buying one, I pause. I'm in my early twenties, dress pretty conservatively (Banana republic tops, jeans), love Balenciaga, love statement jewelry, pop accessories... Here are my concernors

Pros:
Classy & timeless
Rainy day bag!
Indestructable
Stunning

Cons:
Lots of fakes unfortunately
Handheld (maybe I can get the shoulder strap, are they still available?)
Might Get too much unwanted attention- unsafe?
Recently moved to a smaller town :sad: LV too out of place ?
Lots of money
690 for non leather
my big issue with the speedy

I'm also in my early 20s and I have the mono Speedy. I am a shoulder bag girl, and the Speedy is my first handheld, but you get used to it over time. And as you've said, it's great that the Speedy matches with anything. You can dress it up or down when it comes to the damier print.

If you are choosing the damier, I don't think you'll get attention that makes you seem out of place or unsafe. The damier is rather discrete, TBH. If you said you are moving to a smaller town, a lot of ppl might not even know that damier is LV.

I was scared when I handed over that much money for my new Ebene Speedy at the boutique but it's so well made and will last for years! My first Speedy was a vintage that was almost 25 years old and still looked good.
You really can't go wrong with a Speedy since it's so classic. It will also go with everything. Once you make your first purchase, you will be hooked.:P

purchased the ebene speedy 30 a few months ago and am loving it.
it's storming something terrible here in california and the bag is great in that i don't have to worry about the vachetta getting wet by random raindrops.

I actually thought I was never a Speedy kind of girl but then my DBF bought me one as a surprise present when I had been quite ill for a while. I have definitely fallen in love with the bag more and more. It's seriously my any day bag. It has taken the rain, the snow and the cold weather and it still looks like a new one! So I'd say it's one durable bag! :nuts: But it still has its downsides like the fact that it's a hand held bag (I prefer shoulder bags).

I haven't noticed that I'd get too much unwanted attention.. I feel that I get much more stares when I'm wearing my Eva, Galliera or a vernis Alma. And for the style-wise - I'm too a little over twenty year-old and dress pretty conservatively. I feel that Speedy feels more comfortable when I'm not wearing too conservative clothes. When I want to dress up I take my Galliera or Alma instead.

So as a conclusion I would say that a ebene Speedy is a really nice bag to have but it's not my favorite.

Help me, LV lovers!

Pros:
Classy & timeless
Rainy day bag!
Indestructable
Stunning

Cons:
Lots of fakes unfortunately - Not as many in Damier, and who cares, yours would be wonderful and authentic
Handheld (maybe I can get the shoulder strap, are they still available?) They are so light it's easy to carry hand held, and you can get a strap
Might Get too much unwanted attention- unsafe? It's very discreet
Recently moved to a smaller town :sad: LV too out of place ? Be fabulous wherever you are!
Lots of money Yup - I had to save hard for my Speedy!
690 for non leather - Yes, but it is weather proof as you said, and indestructable!

Why did you or didn't you purchase a speedy? Did you regret it? Did you fall in love with it after purchase?

My responses in red - too lazy to write it all out hehe

I never thought I'd be a Speedy girl until I found an Epi I had to have. I like it so much I've ordered a canvas one too. The benefit of the canvas ones is they are SOOOOOOO light!! Now I understand what everyone has been going on about

Hope you get it!

I just bought mine and I love it, no regrets at all. It is stupidly expensive for a canvas bag but somehow it's worth it. I can't figure out why, but it is! I bought the Eva clutch in ebene as well so I could use my strap with the speedy if I didn't want to hold it in my hand, but I like the hand hold mostly. Go for it!

Cons:
Lots of fakes unfortunately - will have this problem as long as you're buying lv
Handheld (maybe I can get the shoulder strap, are they still available?) - a handheld bag is necessary in every collection, imo
Might Get too much unwanted attention- unsafe? - i don't think it'll get unwanted attention. plus, ebene is one of the more low key canvases..
Recently moved to a smaller town :sad: LV too out of place ? - i don't understand the connection. i don't think town size is relevant.
Lots of money - any lv
690 for non leather - you're paying for the brand name, not for leather. this is again the case with most lv

in short, go for it!! you'll love it!!

If you are impressed every time you see someone carrying a Speedy, then that is a very compelling reason to buy one. Your concerns about dressing conservatively, standing out too much, or being unsafe are all pretty much dealt with by getting the damier pattern. It's very discreet, and can look more conservative and dressed-up than the mono. It may be lots of money, especially for canvas - but there is nothing else like it!

I just bought mine and I love it, no regrets at all. It is stupidly expensive for a canvas bag but somehow it's worth it. I can't figure out why, but it is! I bought the Eva clutch in ebene as well so I could use my strap with the speedy if I didn't want to hold it in my hand, but I like the hand hold mostly. Go for it!

Great idea! Is the Eva strap the same as one you buy separately from the store?