Time To Treat Myself... Watch or Studs?

McLoverly

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Hello ladies,

I've had pretty much the worst year ever. I've been hospitalized, my mother has been hospitalized, my grandfather has been hospitalized, there has been cheating, bad breakups, I've had to quit my job etc... just really bad! Anyway, it's all taken a tole on my finances. The last time I purchased a handbag was in early February! I just got my 1ct colorless diamond studs (princess cut) back from my ex, he had to take him out of his new girlfriend's ears :roflmfao: I definitely plan on selling those studs now that they've been in HER ears. I know I'll be getting some Christmas money from my family. I'm selling my J12 because I don't wear it enough and could really use the money. With my Christmas money and the money from my studs I'd like to treat myself to something nice. The J12 was my casual/SS watch so I'm considering buying a pre-owned Rolex, but I'd also like some larger studs. I'm selling the princess cut studs, but I'm keeping my round ones of the same size.

Which should I purchase? What are the advantages and disadvantages to each? I wear studs everyday. I have nice watches, but nothing for everyday.

That's a vote for each. I love the message of the watch, I hadn't thought of that. I do need a casual watch (my others are 18k and flashy). On the other hand, I know I would wear new studs almost constantly.

I would go for the watch. Although diamond studs are a real classic, you are selling your studs.

I am sorry to hear about your year. It has been a doozy for me too. Well, let's hope 2011 brings much joy.

Go with the watch. You said you had round studs yes? I would maybe get another kind of cheaper stud too with the watch. but def the watch.

^^Would you be ok with resetting the same princess cut?

^I think I really just want to get rid of the memories.

There have been a lot of votes for a watch. I have a Chopard Happy Sport in 18k YG with Diamond Bezel and 7 floating diamonds as well as an IWC Portuguese Chrono in 18k RG and some vintage watches. I've never really been a Rolex girl, but a 36mm SS Datejust with a fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet is pretty classic. I was going to go ahead and pull the trigger on the watch, but then I found a great deal on 2ct diamond studs and I've really been wanting to upsize.

Decisions, decisions...

^^Oh I see it honestly sounds like you would enjoy new studs. From a third party view I would still say watch but you sound like you want new studs