What is this? Bizarre Question for Poppy Tartan Owners

danimeex

Danielle
O.G.
Jul 16, 2009
I've been meaning to ask this for a few days now. I noticed this on the display bag when I bought my Tartan Glam. I thought something was wrong with the display but it was on the bag I purchased and in the stock photos on Coach.com! It's also on the Luxey Satchels.

It's one of the decorative charms right near the hang tag. The Poppy ribbon one is cute. But what's up with this black disk with uneven strings? Any ideas?

1z5oobc.jpg

Last edited:
I happen to like this hangtag - have it in purple on my berry multicolor satchel. And yes, the strings are uneven on mine as well, when they're tied it looks good but mine keep coming undone... Still, I think it's cute

Bag twins!
I love this bag, but yes, the uneven strings are a bit weird IMO.....I do kinda like all the hangtags on this bag, though. Just hate when they get all tangled around one another. I'm one of those gals that likes my hangtags to lay absolutely perfect and always be facing outward. I am constantly readjusting my hangtags (on every bag)! :-s

Thanks for your replies, gahanka and emilybug!

I really like the hangtags on this too! I just thought the strings hanging there were kinda weird. I was wondering if I was alone!

Totally agree w you, gahanka, if they were tied I think it would look really good! I can't get mine to stay either though. Poor emilybug, these hangtags clump up a lot too!

Right?! I even asked the SA if the display was missing something.

Then I was thinking maybe they're uneven for a reason... but I could NOT come up with one. So odd.

They are uneven because they are supposed to be tied together so that the longer string forms a loop. It's especially aggravating because they come undone all the time and I can never remember how to retie the dang things.

i think they are cute, but when i first saw the bags with these little tags on them i thought they looked like you just won second place at the state fair for your poppy bag!

They are uneven because they are supposed to be tied together so that the longer string forms a loop. It's especially aggravating because they come undone all the time and I can never remember how to retie the dang things.

OMG i am about to run off and try this right now. if you could take a pic so i can see what you mean, i would love love love that. (i'm very visual lol.) i think you cracked the mystery!

i think they are cute, but when i first saw the bags with these little tags on them i thought they looked like you just won second place at the state fair for your poppy bag!

hahahaha yes, it looks like an award! though in my case i usually get "participant" ribbons lolol.

p.s. unrelated to the poppy tags, but i'm a biiiiig copy cat and bought something today... i'll do a reveal when it comes in! :smile:

Exactly! And I also cannot tie one, only two loops so I'm outta luck here! lol I'm special that way ;)

BTW, I so hope I can get that blue satchel one day too! Love my berry but now I need this one too!

Bag twins!
I love this bag, but yes, the uneven strings are a bit weird IMO.....I do kinda like all the hangtags on this bag, though. Just hate when they get all tangled around one another. I'm one of those gals that likes my hangtags to lay absolutely perfect and always be facing outward. I am constantly readjusting my hangtags (on every bag)! :-s

me too! i have hangtag OCD lol but i do love love love my glam tote :smile: