Teacher Bag

Jaz

Aug 28, 2006
Hi,
I need a new bag for work, and I am teacher, so I need to hold books, my wallet, phone and maybe my lunch. I would like to have an edge and I thought you ladies might be able to help. I've used a LAMB messenger bag, a Seven tote and other bags in the past but I need something new. TIA

What is your budget? I like the LV Palermo GM, it fits everything but also has a cross body strap for when you need both hands! The material also seems to hold up well to kid stuff!

Mybestfriend, also a teacher, had stop bringing her LV bag to work because her students kept joking that they were going to steal it. Probably just joking but I would rather not take something too expensive to work. Maybe under $400

Celine Luggage Tote
Comes many different sizes, such as mini and medium. Even the mini can hold lots of documents, folders, laptop, etc. I believe it's 30X30X17 cm. There are wings on the side that can be pulled out to make for more room.
The quality and craftsmenship is great. It's also a "discreet luxury" bag.
I like the envelope version because it looks very sleek and elegant, but it also comes in a zip version.
They come in many colors too.
celine-luggage-collection-1.jpg

Edit: sorry, didn't see your budget before I posted this

i don't have a suggestion for a particular bag, but i would definitely choose something without logos. i think it's best that your coworker stopped bringing her LV because it's totally true that a student could steal it. and carrying a bag like that could breed hostility/jealousy among coworkers.

I teach elementary so I carry a cheap outlet coach men's workbag - it holds crayons, colour pencils, markers, scissors, sticky tack, glue, stickers, binders, papers, pencils/pens, etc. If you teach high school or college you're probably okay with your bag not getting too dirty but I don't have that luxury. It's extremely dirty in a primary school setting so I made sure to get something durable and could hold up the amount of stuff I place in it and if it's dirty, it's not a big deal. The bag you'll get may also depend on the kind of weather you have. I live in Canada and my bag needs to go through a blizzard, rain or humidity during the year. Your budget on a teacher's bag will depend upon what you're comfortable with spending. Personally I was comfortable with spending under $150.

^^^ Agree we'd need to know the age of your students. Young ones might spill something on it and older ones really might be tempted to steal it. Since you said LAMB I'd suggest looking at the new patterns of LAMB or maybe Coach, but I'd never carry LV in a school setting (unless it's college or university, but then I think you would have called yourself a professor).

I'm a high school teacher and I carry a large Longchamp Le Pliage tote. I always wondered what all the fuss was about, and it has been fantastic. I typically transport graded papers, lunch, and my laptop in it.

If you're into monogramming, Jon Hart has some very durable totes as well.

I'm a high school teacher and I carry a large Longchamp Le Pliage tote. I always wondered what all the fuss was about, and it has been fantastic. I typically transport graded papers, lunch, and my laptop in it.

Yeah, when I was teaching over the summer (elementary school), I also used a Longchamp Le Pliage. I don't have to worry about stains, and if it gets dusty (from carrying it outside, on field trips, placing it in my classroom where there's chalk and dust), I can just wash it away easily. It also fits a crazy amount of stuff inside. Had two binders, a folder, a pencil case, umbrella, sunglasses, sun lotion, water bottle, cell phone.

Yeah, when I was teaching over the summer (elementary school), I also used a Longchamp Le Pliage. I don't have to worry about stains, and if it gets dusty (from carrying it outside, on field trips, placing it in my classroom where there's chalk and dust), I can just wash it away easily. It also fits a crazy amount of stuff inside. Had two binders, a folder, a pencil case, umbrella, sunglasses, sun lotion, water bottle, cell phone.

Longchamp is a great choice! It holds TONS of stuff and there are more than enough colors for you to choose from. My MIL is a pre-school teacher and we've bought her one recently. She loves it very much. Also, she's extremely petite and the large one we got for her still looks very nice~