LORAC's Little Black Palette - anyone tried it?

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
I'm in love!! I am not sure if I love it more or less than my naked palette but its a close race!!! These shadows are amazing and so pigmented!! There are only four colors and they are not named (can't replace a color or buy one individually) but for 42.00 (32.00 US) its cheaper than buying two individual colors.

It also comes with a primer but I don't want to open ANOTHER primer (I have 3 urban decay primer potions on the go and another 4 little sample tubs of different brands from sephora to try) so I can not comment on it.

This is the first time I have found an eyeshadow I love outside of urban decay but I think I might even like the depth of color and pigmentation BETTER! Its only the first day I'm wearing them though.

Anyone else love lorac??

^ooh!! I have been debating this. But since I always go for neutral and brown colors I don't know how much I'd use it. That's why the naked palette by ud was so great!

Are the eyeshadows in the box office set also baked? If they are the same formula I might bite the bullet. Heading back to sephora toinight!

Not to sound dumb, but what do you mean by baked? I have never used Lorac before and don't know if this is the same formula as other Lorac shadows. The palette can be tricky the way the trays slide in and out. They close on you sometimes. I will use it tomorrow and give you more details. They do have some pretty neutrals in the set too!

So, used my Lorac today. I might return it. The colors do not blend nicely and you need to apply quite a bit of certain colors to see them. It mostly stayed on all day, but not as good as my other shadows. I got it for around $40 with my $15 off Sephora, so I need to decide whether or not it is worth it to return. I might just use it w/ other shadows and make it work.

^then I'm gathering its not the same formula as the ones I got. The baked eye shadows are apparently (as the sephora girl told me - who knows if its true) a liquid pigment baked into a solid so they are as close to pure pigments as you can get. While I have no idea if that's true or not, the pigmentation IS amazing. One swipe and the color is as bright as in the palette. And they blend really really well. I would highly recomend trying a baked eyeshadow of thiers.

^then I'm gathering its not the same formula as the ones I got. The baked eye shadows are apparently (as the sephora girl told me - who knows if its true) a liquid pigment baked into a solid so they are as close to pure pigments as you can get. While I have no idea if that's true or not, the pigmentation IS amazing. One swipe and the color is as bright as in the palette. And they blend really really well. I would highly recomend trying a baked eyeshadow of thiers.

Yeah, your palette says baked in the description and mine does not. Sometimes when you get these big box sets the quality is poor because you are getting so much. I will try a few other colors out tomorrow and then decide what to do.

Seriously?? No one else?

I ordered it after swatching one day in the store. You are right about the excellent pigmentation and formula. It swatched on the back of my hand like BUTTER!!!
I have not worn it yet but can tell already that it will be a keeper. Super formula and beautiful colors. Plus its nice and compact too

I'm in love!! I am not sure if I love it more or less than my naked palette but its a close race!!! These shadows are amazing and so pigmented!! There are only four colors and they are not named (can't replace a color or buy one individually) but for 42.00 (32.00 US) its cheaper than buying two individual colors.

It also comes with a primer but I don't want to open ANOTHER primer (I have 3 urban decay primer potions on the go and another 4 little sample tubs of different brands from sephora to try) so I can not comment on it.

This is the first time I have found an eyeshadow I love outside of urban decay but I think I might even like the depth of color and pigmentation BETTER! Its only the first day I'm wearing them though.

Anyone else love lorac??

In what combinations have you been wearing the colors? I think I'm going to pull mine out and try one day next week

I find the darkest one too dark but I wear the other three together. I am special needs when it comes to applying makeup so I stick to the same thing pretty much always.

I wish the colors were named though!!

In what combinations have you been wearing the colors? I think I'm going to pull mine out and try one day next week

I find the darkest one too dark but I wear the other three together. I am special needs when it comes to applying makeup so I stick to the same thing pretty much always.

I wish the colors were named though!!

I totally understand. There was a point when I got YouTube happy and tried to create these elaborate eye looks. But when it all boiled down to it --it was not me. Even for special occasions I prefer more simple looks with a little pop here and there.

I'm just not into wearing 5 and 6 colors on my eyes. I had to learn the hard way after much experimenting and trial error. LOL.

Yup! For me its always 3 shades of the same color. The lightest one as a base all over my lid and up to my eyebrow, the darkest colour on my eyelid, and the med one on the outermost edges of my lid if that makes sense? But yup! I'm boring and simple and a neutral girl all the way.