Birkin35 in Anthracite??

Champers21

Hermes! Here I come.
Mar 21, 2009
My dearest SA just told me they have 2 Birkins for me!!!!

Both are in 35, one's Epsom in Etoupe and the other is Clemence in Anthricite.

I already have a Kelly 35 in Etoupe which I use as my daily bag but find it a little hard to use with DD and was looking at getting a B35 in a colour that I could carry with most of my outfits...... Be it casual with Jeans n a tee or shorts and some dressier outfits...... I saw the Etoupe in Epsom but find the bag to be a bit too "stiff" in Epsom leather....... But when she took out the B35 in anthracite I gasped!! It's gorgeous!!!!

I have done a search n don't seem to find any posts of Birkins in Anthricite....... It seems to look like a olive grey....... And would like to get fellow TPFers opinion on what you think........ Would Anthricite be easy to match with a wardrobe made up of blues, whites, greys and pink??
Is this colour retiring or is color not popular as I didn't see any posts in the H reference colour section.......

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!

My dearest SA just told me they have 2 Birkins for me!!!!

Both are in 35, one's Epsom in Etoupe and the other is Clemence in Anthricite.

I already have a Kelly 35 in Etoupe which I use as my daily bag but find it a little hard to use with DD and was looking at getting a B35 in a colour that I could carry with most of my outfits...... Be it casual with Jeans n a tee or shorts and some dressier outfits...... I saw the Etoupe in Epsom but find the bag to be a bit too "stiff" in Epsom leather....... But when she took out the B35 in anthracite I gasped!! It's gorgeous!!!!

I have done a search n don't seem to find any posts of Birkins in Anthricite....... It seems to look like a olive grey....... And would like to get fellow TPFers opinion on what you think........ Would Anthricite be easy to match with a wardrobe made up of blues, whites, greys and pink??
Is this colour retiring or is color not popular as I didn't see any posts in the H reference colour section.......

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!

I believe anthracite is the same colour as graphite, which is a dark grey and easy to match. If I am wrong, someone please correct me. :smile:

Thanks Bogee19, I have a B40 in Graphite n somehow I think Anthricite looks a tad bit darker then Graphite........ I didn't hv my B40 with me the day I went to have a look at the B35 as B40 is currently at the store being embossed with my DD's initials :smile:

Thing is I wonder if I'm being sily to get 2 Birkins in such a similar colour??

If you already have a graphite B I would pass on the other grey as the colours would be too similar. Wait for a Birkin that really sings to you in a different colour.

ITA with Boogee, you seem to love the anthracite and even if it is the same as graphite, you may still want to consider it!

My only question is, is there something else on your list for the next purchase? Would you want to wait for that even if it's going to take a while?

Hmm, I thought anthracite was just a shade that came in croc but I could be totally wrong here. If it's truly the same as graphite (which I Adooorrre) I think it will be too similar to both your Clemence Kelly and 40cm Birkin.
I'd hate for you to take it "just because it's a Birkin and right now" then have your SA show you something in a few months that is different and that really makes you gaga. :smile:

If I remembered correctly, anthracite is a shade lighter than graphite in clemence. I would pass this as I find these colours too similar. If you love anthracite so much, why not consider getting it in size 30 (you can carry her on rainy days when your croc stays at home) and a different colour in size 35?

I have always thought that Anthracite is a colour name reserved exclusively for Matte Croc only. Unless in Japan, it's called Anthracite instead of Graphite in normal leather?

Even with Anthracite in croc, it's said to have become Matte Graphite.

Thanks Bogee19, I have a B40 in Graphite n somehow I think Anthricite looks a tad bit darker then Graphite........ I didn't hv my B40 with me the day I went to have a look at the B35 as B40 is currently at the store being embossed with my DD's initials :smile:

Thing is I wonder if I'm being sily to get 2 Birkins in such a similar colour??

If it's the same store, you can ask for your 40B to be brought down from Valerie, the craftswoman's office and compare in real life.

I have always thought that Anthracite is a colour name reserved exclusively for Matte Croc only. Unless in Japan, it's called Anthracite instead of Graphite in normal leather?

Even with Anthracite in croc, it's said to have become Matte Graphite.

My SA told me once they received a birkin in Anthracite (regular leather) but later she told me its the same colour code as graphite. That's why I think they are the same colour. :P

ITA with Boogee, you seem to love the anthracite and even if it is the same as graphite, you may still want to consider it!

My only question is, is there something else on your list for the next purchase? Would you want to wait for that even if it's going to take a while?

I love all shades of grey which was why why my SA took it out I was squealing :smile: but then my friend mentioned that I've got a B40 in Graphite which is veer similar to Anthricite n told me to reconsider so Anthricite is still on hold wItting for me to decide ........

Thereare a few other colours that I am planning in getting to add to my collection :smile:
- chocolate
- blue indigo or blue thalassa
- a bright pink, maybe rose shocking or something similar

So I'll be dropping by the store again tomorrow to have another play with Anthricite Birkin to see how it goes:smile: