First Time at an actual Goyard store (233 Rue Saint Honore)

r.b_boi

O.G.
Jul 17, 2010
Hi everyone...

as the title implies, today was my first time ever going into a goyard (mind you it's after i made my first purchase). I went in to get my VAT form and look at their selection. It was so regal and very warm in the store, with all the woods. The store was VERY VERY busy, way more than i expected. I immediately went to ask for my SA, Florent, who was downstairs at the moment. He came up to greet me, and knew who i was from the bag. I mentioned that I didn't see it displayed at all, he explained it was because it is a challenge to display it perfectly, with the zipper undone and the bottom let all the way out. He showed me another bag that I really like. I'm strongly considering it for the spring (no i'm not...i'm saving for a birkin...ugh, i'm so torn). I inquired about wallets, and there was one with a zipper part for coins, a flap for bills, another for receipts, and card slots that i really wanted, but the color i want will not be in until January, so i told him to give me a call when that comes in. While he was speaking with me, there was was another SA next to him working with some customers. I take it the customer asked about my bag, because the SA started touching it and lifted it up, and began showing it to them. Florent noticed, and immediately took it from him and explained it's mine. I told him it was ok, he could use it for a demonstration. Later on, he came back and apologized profusely. I was not the least bit concerned, i thought it was a bit flattering actually.

Oh, also you'll see a picture of a dog (idk if it's the store's dog or no), but it was laying down on the stairs until i tried to take a pic, but this is the one i got...

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,368
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,119
See, r.b_boi, I told you that once you bought one Goyard, it leads to two, three, four..
:happydance: You are officially bitten by the Goyard Bug! Believe me, I know the symptoms. Have fun with your beautiful bag and keep 'em coming!!

See, r.b_boi, I told you that once you bought one Goyard, it leads to two, three, four..
:happydance: You are officially bitten by the Goyard Bug! Believe me, I know the symptoms. Have fun with your beautiful bag and keep 'em coming!!

it's so very true...i have the wallet coming in january and in the spring will be the travel bag, i forget the name...it's almost like the hermes bolide, but not quite. i love that the brand cherishes and preserves its, unlike some other brands. And the fact that EVERYONE doesn't recognize it, makes the brand that much better...

Love the Rue SH store. BTW dog belongs to the 50's yo lady that is the asssitant manager but in the Goyard family tree. The dog is always there and will go from the area behind the counter and then up the steps.

Post pix of your wallet when it arrives. Glad you had a good time.

Isn't the mothership fabulous?

Thank you for sharing your visit with us. Love the pics, wish there were more, lol!

it really is, i kinda didn't feel all that comfortable taking pics...i mean between this older lady (maybe the assistant manager Longchamp is referring to) and the fact that i had never been there before. Its like going to an old relative's house for the first time...even though you know them, you still don't feel completely at ease. Next time i plan to take more...

Love the Rue SH store. BTW dog belongs to the 50's yo lady that is the asssitant manager but in the Goyard family tree. The dog is always there and will go from the area behind the counter and then up the steps.

Post pix of your wallet when it arrives. Glad you had a good time.

Ah, that explains it all. He was cute and i wanted to pet him. however, i didn't exactly know to whom he belonged nor his level of cleanliness, so i abstained...

it was so cute when he went to lay up on the steps...its like he was waiting good until i decided to take a pic...he was looking at me all while i pulled it out, got it ready, and the moment i went to hit the capture button he started scratching, lol..

i'll be sure to post pics!! i think he was saying its actually a piece for women, but has been used by men. It was the third option he showed me, and the only one with a zip compartment for coins, which i really prefer...

Nice pics! :tup: I have recently discovered the brand although in this forum for quite a bit but didn't actually noticed the subforum but have seen their bags in Luxe TV and I really like the craftmanship!! :yes::yes:;) Many congrats for your recent purchases!!

Birkin 45 and 50 are also under my wish list as well : )
I just got my personal make -- ambassade 24h arrive to home last week! Navy blue with white and light blue colors around my bag. Very happy! By the way, Florent was very nice and help me a lot with perfessional idea.
Happy Xmas!!!

Nice pics! :tup: I have recently discovered the brand although in this forum for quite a bit but didn't actually noticed the subforum but have seen their bags in Luxe TV and I really like the craftmanship!! :yes::yes:;) Many congrats for your recent purchases!!

i remembered hearing about the brand a few years back (sometime between '03 and '05), and always wanted one...now i can actually afford it. they are wonderfully made, although i kept seeing mentions about a poorly stitched card case on barney's. I assume they took it down, because i remember a few years back one could purchase slg online, but not anymore.

Birkin 45 and 50 are also under my wish list as well : )
I just got my personal make -- ambassade 24h arrive to home last week! Navy blue with white and light blue colors around my bag. Very happy! By the way, Florent was very nice and help me a lot with perfessional idea.
Happy Xmas!!!

:yahoo: i'm soooo happy for you!! one day (soon) i hope to join the ranks of b owners!! I saw SO many on saint-honore that it was a bit ridiculous, so much beautiful craftsmanship on one street. I even caught a few of them eyeing my goyard, which of course was flattering beyond belief. I mean when I see a 40+ year old, decked out in fur, with a birkin, and rock the size of gibraltar do a double take on my bag and smile, it def makes me smile a little.