What to do with old LV?

Shappy

Feb 1, 2007
I have some old LV pieces I acquired when my FIL's wife passed away a few years ago. I have no idea if they have any value or what--I don't use them and they are sitting in a closet. There is some wear damage to the leather. My daughter said "they're old LV mom". Could I sell them or is it not worth the bother?

if it's authentic, and in good condition-wipe w/alcohol free baby wipes to clean up a bit, I'd say give Ebay a try, or if you don't like all the hassle of selling it on Ebay personally, there's always iSoldit where they charge you a fee to sell for you on Ebay.

they are collector items. you should keep them. unless you have receipts it will be hard to sell on ebay because of the new restrictions. you could bring them to consignment shops. but i say keep them! "old" LV is not BAD LV in fact some people hate new and prefer the old because it has vachetta (leather) that has browned and its considered nicer.

Here are some pics.
30j69g4.jpg

I may be missing something, but that does not look authentic to me unless it is a very old French Company piece. I agree about posting in the authenticate this area of the forum with pictures of the date stamp, zipper pulls, etc. I have a lot of vintage pieces but nothing where the handles are attached quite in that way.

Great advice! I definitely went with eBay. I didn't use much effort in cleaning up my Monogram Canvas Alma - just a few wipes with a small towel and water and it looked fine. I got $410.01 for it on eBay! :wlae: Sold last night! I'm going to use that to pay off (not completely) my Saks Fifth Ave bill for the Monogram Canvas Speedy 30 that I bought on Monday. :wlae: