Help needed!!! Maxi chain around, Brown is Taupe?

biggentlecat

Jul 21, 2009
Hi, Ladies, I need your help to get me out of the confusion.

I ordered a Maxi Flap chain around in color Taupe. However, I am confused with the color. On the tag it says BROWN with code 81344, while the box says Taupe. I called my SA regarding to the color and she said although the tag indicates BROWN it is really Taupe. She also assured me that there are only three colors for maxi flap - black, Brown (also called Taupe), and dark beige. Is she right? The color I see does look like having some kind of brownish in it under lighting. There are also brown and taupe colors Chanel catalogs and they are different!

Is my SA right? The taupe is also called brown? Or they are two distinctive colors for maxi flap?

Thank you for your help in advance!!

I have the Black Chain Around Maxi Flap and I also saw the "Taupe" color in person but it is a gray color, and not Brown at all.

Here is a comparison pic: The "Beige" bag was identified as such in the ad - the "Taupe"/Gray color, I actually saw in person! (Wrong style in pic but same color!)

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• chain_compare.jpg
    chain_compare.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 776
There are five colors made in the Chain around. Black, Taupe, Burgundy, Brown and Dark Beige. It sounds like if you got the brown, it is brown. The taupe should be a greyish brown or what it really is....taupe.

I have it. My tag says brown, the box says taupe. Mine is the taupey grey. You are fine. I dont know why they labeled it that way. So yes brown is taupe for the maxi flap.

I have the Black Chain Around Maxi Flap and I also saw the "Taupe" color in person but it is a gray color, and not Brown at all.

Here is a comparison pic: The "Beige" bag was identified as such in the ad - the "Taupe"/Gray color, I actually saw in person! (Wrong style in pic but same color!)

Hope this helps!

Thank you photomj for all the information regarding to the colors. I wonder if the maxi flap has different color code from the messenger style. My taupe(brown) doesn't show much grey nor brown, it is more of true taupe.

BTW, the black maxi looks so nice on you.

I have it. My tag says brown, the box says taupe. Mine is the taupey grey. You are fine. I dont know why they labeled it that way. So yes brown is taupe for the maxi flap.
I may get the same color as yours;)

I saw this picture from others, and the color is true grey.
5263227939_5fa8c3eb3b_o.jpg

Then, this is my Taupe(brown):
5263840928_800bbe3bc6_m.jpg

Which color is yours? Do you think there are two kinds of Taupe - one of grey and one of true taupe? So confused!

OP, it looks like the same shade, it does photograph differently under different lighting.

I've seen this bag IRL and in photos here in the forum. The taupe CA have appeared as both shades. To me, it appears as a taupe-y mushroom shade. HTH!

OP, it looks like the same shade, it does photograph differently under different lighting.

I've seen this bag IRL and in photos here in the forum. The taupe CA have appeared as both shades. To me, it appears as a taupe-y mushroom shade. HTH!
Thank you for assurance. It does show different color under different light! This pic shows more taupe.

ChainAroundtaupe.jpg

My Chanel SA confirmed what sjunky posted when we were discussing colors over the phone. I'm not sure why they call colors different names, but it's really confusing!

Thank you photomj for all the information regarding to the colors. I wonder if the maxi flap has different color code from the messenger style. My taupe(brown) doesn't show much grey nor brown, it is more of true taupe.

BTW, the black maxi looks so nice on you.

Thanks for the compliment!

The Taupe bag photographs differently, under different lighting, as someone already pointed out. Also, did you know that we all "see" color differently?! It's true! Chanel's color names don't help much either.

Post pics of you in your gorgeous new bag!

Mine same thing, my med chain around tag says brown, the box says taupe. the color is taupey grey. and there is no brown undertone at all. weird!