So I've never posted here, but i'm crazy!!

r.b_boi

O.G.
Jul 17, 2010
I was perusing the forum for a meantime bag, until i get a birkin and i came across the Hotel du Parc. I've known a little about goyard for a while and i figured what they heck i'll see if it comes in black. Long story short i just ordered it from Barney's NY, its on it's way from paris to the store...then back to me here in germany...i was thinking of using it as an everyday bag, but the SA suggested it would be a bit too large (i currently have a 60 keepall) so i assured her as long as it was that size or smaller it would be fine. Can anyone give me some more information about the bag, when i did a search for it on the forum i found very little information. She also told me she would measure it and send me pics once it arrives so i could decided if i still wanted it or not, as she did not have any in the store. As it was the only one they would receive and Saks did not have any, i figured i would just jump on it now...

welcome to Goyard, r.b_boi! So glad to have you here.
Sorry, I can't help with info or pics about the Hotel du Parc. Hopefully, someone can chime in with some stats. I'm so excited for you!! I hope it is the perfect Goyard for you.
Gotta warn ya, Goyard has a bunch of addicts. (I am one of them.) One bag leads to two, then to three....:nuts:

welcome to Goyard, r.b_boi! So glad to have you here.
Sorry, I can't help with info or pics about the Hotel du Parc. Hopefully, someone can chime in with some stats. I'm so excited for you!! I hope it is the perfect Goyard for you.
Gotta warn ya, Goyard has a bunch of addicts. (I am one of them.) One bag leads to two, then to three....:nuts:

thank you for the welcome...this forum doesn't seem to be as populated as the more well known brands (takes a sigh of relief).

I called the mothership and spoke with a wonderful SA, and he gave me the dimensions 48x25x36 cms. There is an interior zip pocket and it unzips at the bottom to expand by an additional 5 inches (this part was given to me by the SA at barney's). He also suggested that it would make a good everyday bag for a male, which was right up my alley as that is how i intend to use it.

After i told him the story of how i bought the bag and he suggested i just order it from them because they can ship to an APO address and they have two in stock, thereby saving the waiting for it to arrive in ny from paris, go through customs, get to the store, then ship to new jersey, and finally get to me here in germany. He also told me it would be about 30% cheaper to buy it in europe than in the states, so i emailed the sa at barney's and asked her to cancel my order, i really feel bad about having to do that and i'm actually looking for something else to order from her just because i feel so poorly.

attachment.php

Are you sure you definitely want black? :nuts:

r.b.

when you get it please do post pics :supacool: can't wait to see it...

have you considered the ambassade? its a cute and practical everyday bag...it comes with a strap too...

attachment.php

Are you sure you definitely want black? :nuts:

lol...i've seen a pic of the one in black, luckily the sa at barney's had a pic available...i take it you're not a fan...

r.b.

when you get it please do post pics :supacool: can't wait to see it...

have you considered the ambassade? its a cute and practical everyday bag...it comes with a strap too...

i'll be sure to post pics and let you all know as soon as i get it!! i saw the ambassade, but it was a bit too boxy for me, i'm not really a fan...i must agree that it is a nice bag, just not my flavor. The absence of a strap will be a non issue for me, because i rarely used the strap on my keepall. After I have used it a few times, i'll be sure to post a review...

Attachments

• HotelduParc.jpg
    HotelduParc.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 178
another update: i called to check the status of my package, as i had not yet received it. I was told i would not get it until between 12 and 3 pm tomorrow, which is extremely upsetting due to the fact that the package is in frankfurt (about 2 hours away), and i was supposed to visit a friend in another city tomorrow afternoon and go straight to paris from there (with the bag in tow). However, i have to reschedule my entire day because of this. At first I was upset with the shipping company, because i was specifically told that it would be delivered in a few hours. After inquiring, I see the bag was REQUESTED to be delivered on wednesday, mind you i was sure to communicate to the sa that i needed it before wednesday. Not to mention it has been sitting in with the couriers since yesterday morning...