Seething over "Seacret" and their BS

nancyxwu

handbag addict
Jan 10, 2010
My dad goes to the mall and fell into one of those mall kiosk traps. To make matters worse, he fell victim to the worst one: Seacret.

So he comes home with this $70.00 nail kit which has a nail file, buffer block, some hand lotion, and cuticle oil. $h!t he can buy from walmart for 10 bucks!

I look online and I they overcharged him 20.00 bucks! So immediately I call weights and measures to file a complaint. Then I call the mall to file a complaint and they give me the owner's phone number...some guy named Itay. I get on the phone with him to ask him wtf, and he basically tell me
1) he doesn't owe me anything because the he doesn't work for Seacret, he just sells their stuff but he owns another company that buys Seacret stuff and sells it for a higher price so he can pay his workers and the rent. Plus a bunch of BS as to why he's allowed to charge whatever he wants to regardless of its retail price.
2) I can get a 10.00 refund or another nail kit.

At this point I'm pretty livid. He agreed to give my dad a 10.00 refund so hopefully that goes through okay.

I don't mind mall kiosks, but this is just BS!! And I work at the mall, so I see these Seacret people all the time and the tricks they use to get people to stop and look at their products. I've also listened in on how managers teach the workers how to manipulate people into buying their stuff by tricking and lying to them. Disgusting.

i honestly don't trust ANY kiosks, even the brow threading ones. some of those nail kiosks (not sure if it is the same one) sell kits to make your nails shiny for $30 when you can get the same thing at sallys beauty supply for about $5.00

A few years ago, I had one yank my hand as I was walking once and buffed up one nail quickly til it was extremely shiny. I felt I had no choice but to buy her overpriced $20 nail buffer/file thing because it looked ridiculous having one overly extra shiny nail and we were headed out.

I really think they shouldn't be allowed to do those things. I was a teenager then and didn't really know what to do but today I'd give her a piece of my mind for sure.

I think we have all been caught by someone on a kiosk. I just look the other way or ignore them because they are so pushy. Those people make me so mad. If i want an overprices nail file or some fake snow i will ask.

I just hate how they prey on older people. I work at the mall, and their kiosk is right outside of my store. All the time I see them use their "tactics" to make people stop by asking them questions and pointing at their feet.

I've heard them getting trained by their manager on how to sell. They are a step away from stealing people's credit cards from their wallets!

A friend of mine who works at the mall too had an older guy approach one of his female employees and give her something. Worried that this older guy was bothering her, my friend asked her what happened. Apparently, this older guy was duped into buying a jar of Seacret cream for 60 bucks. He gave it to her because after he was sold the item did they tell him no returns. So he just gave it to her. How sad is that?!

That company is absolutely horrible!

I have never purchased anything from a mall kiosk. I had one grab my hand as I walked by and I pushed him hard enough to knock him to the floor. If everyone would just walk past them without paying any attention to them, they would all go out of business.

HATE HATE HATE the people that work at those kiosk's..the stuff they come up with to try to bait these poor shoppers :sad:

a couple of weeks ago I was stopped by someone sitting on the couch next to his flat iron stand and tried to reel me in by telling me my hair was nice!! I was wearing a hat so you could really only see half of my hair :lolots: COME ON!!!

the dead sea lotions and stuff right? thankfully that kiosk isn't at our mall anymore, but at one point they had 2 of their kiosks on the same floor but opposite ends of the mall. they are THE pushiest salespeople ever. even when i would walk by talking on my phone they'd still try to sell me stuff. 1 time, the SA kept lowering the price and doing all kinds of 2 for 1 offers since i'm a college student. i STILL wouldn't buy his sh*t. i admit i wanted the nail buffer but not the lotions lol. even if he offered the kit for $10 i still wouldn't buy it.

the dead sea lotions and stuff right? thankfully that kiosk isn't at our mall anymore, but at one point they had 2 of their kiosks on the same floor but opposite ends of the mall. they are THE pushiest salespeople ever. even when i would walk by talking on my phone they'd still try to sell me stuff. 1 time, the SA kept lowering the price and doing all kinds of 2 for 1 offers since i'm a college student. i STILL wouldn't buy his sh*t. i admit i wanted the nail buffer but not the lotions lol. even if he offered the kit for $10 i still wouldn't buy it.

I'm not sure if those people are still in our mall or not, but I distinctly remember a couple run-ins with them a few months back. They really are some of the pushiest people I've ever seen. Even if you try your best not to make eye contact with them, they still come running up to you. One of the women conned me into her little demo one day, but she sure didn't get me to buy it. She kept going down on price, and I still just wasn't having it. The nail buffer kit does look pretty cool, but jeez...I am forever buying nail files etc at Sally Beauty Supply that are way cheaper yet do the same thing.

I wish I could just ignore them, but I really hate to be that rude...even though they are being really rude by more or less stalking you. Maybe I should just start ignoring them though, because a simple "I'm not interested" just isn't enough for some of those kiosk sellers.

I personally have yelled at them and raised my voice for them to leave me the hell alone. I'm not at the mall to be solicited. It's borderline harassment what these people do! But my dad's English isn't that good and he's a nice old guy so they totally played him. Hopefully they'll go through with this partial refund otherwise it's the Better Business Bureau.

I couldn't believe how rude this owner was!

My daughter once bought a LOT of stuff from them on her dad's credit card. I took it all back and insisted on a refund. Boy, they didn't want to give it to me, but ultimately did.

My mom, a very clever business woman once bought a set...she knew in the back of her mind at the time she was being scammed but was talked into a set.

She has never used hers. Heyyyyyyyy...anyone wanna buy a set for 30 dollars? 20? 10?

;)

My husband once got way-laid by one of those nail folks. He was actually interested in the "miracle" product and thought I would like to have one. I was able to talk him out of it. Later that night we saw a commercial for a similar product for $5.

I personally have yelled at them and raised my voice for them to leave me the hell alone. I'm not at the mall to be solicited. It's borderline harassment what these people do! But my dad's English isn't that good and he's a nice old guy so they totally played him. Hopefully they'll go through with this partial refund otherwise it's the Better Business Bureau.

I couldn't believe how rude this owner was!

if he paid by credit card, maybe the Credit card company can help you out

I've actually bought a konad nail kit from one of the kiosk a while ago. I probably could have gotten in for cheaper online but oh well.

All the other ones for lotions and what not are gross! At my mall, some of the ladies that work at the kiosk are very attractive and they prey on men. It is disgusting! One time a man was seated with his legs spread and the girl was standing in between them, putting lotion on his hands! Disgusting!