Watch out for this nightmare buyer!!!

Ladies & gents, this is my story...A couple of weeks ago I had a no reserve auction for an item. The item ended with a high $$$.
Buyer contacted within minutes after accusing me...shell bidding,8yrs of selling first time anyone attacking me and accusing me of this. I told buyer to contact eBay and speak to them and they tell the buyer that 1) there was no shell bidding 2) that ebay is not stupid, they can tell if there was shell bidding through ip addresses.

So buyer apologies and asks me to sell this item to them at a much lower price then their bid. I told buyer no because they truly offended me & their bid was contractual. This buyer begged begged for this item but at a lower price. I gave in and decided to sell at the lower price. BIG MISTAKE, I realized now! Buyer took more then 3 days to pay,shipped out. At this time I had the same item listed with no reserve bc I had multiples of this item. The item was going to end about the same time the buyer was going to receive theirs. The item I had listed end less then what the buyer paid for. Guess what, buyer request to return, I told this buyer prior to purchasing no refunds or exchanges. Buyer actually admitted within their message they paid too much for item!

Didn't matter bc buyer filed paypal dispute, had to accept return. I asked politely please return right away and forward the tracking#.

The day came when buyer suppose to return,emailed the buyer asked for tracking,no response. Finally received the tracking info,looked it up and it showed delivered????
Contacted the buyer ask them to confirm address that they used and got a nasty email from buyer stating I have the item,that they return it to the address provided by paypal and me. This item was well over $250!
So I asked buyer for a copy of the signature that released the package.
Buyer responded did not add to the package.

This buyer is constantly harassing me stating I have this item which I never received back. Even though the transaction was cancelled on eBay,buyer was able to leave a negative back!

Omg! That sounds horrible! I would contact eBay and tell them that you didn't get the package! Or head to the post office with the tracking number. They can see the address that it was being shipped to. Is the sorting post office before delivery your post office?

The postman who delivers the packages which is different from the mail carrier, loves leaving packages right at my front door which is out in open for anyone who is walking by to see. He/she never rings my bell. I already have the post office on the case and they started an investigation. I contacted paypal, the agent stated since the buyer did not have signatue confirmation, this dispute will probably closed in my favor. But I won't believe till I see it happen bc paypal is known to side with buyer.

I told the buyer I am trying my best on my end to find the shipment. But the horrible and nasty messages they send makes it hard for me to even try to help this buyer.

This buyer's emotion or state of mind is like a roller coaster,one minute nice, next minute truly nasty.

eBay wont remove my first negative feedback since selling even though this was conducted outside of eBay

Last edited:
Buyer threaten to get their "big wig" lawyers after me. The buyer from the beginning complained about getting the $$$ together as it was a stretch for them.

I told the buyer if paypal rules in my favor and the item is found after the fact, I will be more then happy to send the money back to them.

What would you do if you were in my shoes???

Buyer threaten to get their "big wig" lawyers after me. The buyer from the beginning complained about getting the $$$ together as it was a stretch for them.

I told the buyer if paypal rules in my favor and the item is found after the fact, I will be more then happy to send the money back to them.

What would you do if you were in my shoes???

Do not engage in any further discussions with this person. They are trying to bully you into refund even though they did not return the merchandise. Do they have a tracking number? What does it show? My guess is that they have sent it via the cheapest service possible. It may take a very long time for it to be delivered.

I would tell the buyer that since you two are now in dispute, you will no longer respond to their messages. You will go by what Paypal says. If the buyer is unhappy with the way the dispute is being handled, they should direct their further inquiries to Paypal not you. Rinse and repeat, especially to all their messages mentioning lawyers. If they have a lawyer (which I highly doubt), let this lawyer deal with the post office and Paypal.

You have done everything you could. You have searched for the package and have asked the post office to start an investigation. You are not responsible for your post deliveryman's actions. The other party has violated Paypal rules and all of this is their problem now.

p-WA

Do not engage in any further discussions with this person. They are trying to bully you into refund even though they did not return the merchandise. Do they have a tracking number? What does it show? My guess is that they have sent it via the cheapest service possible. It may take a very long time for it to be delivered.

I would tell the buyer that since you two are now in dispute, you will no longer respond to their messages. You will go by what Paypal says. If the buyer is unhappy with the way the dispute is being handled, they should direct their further inquiries to Paypal not you. Rinse and repeat, especially to all their messages mentioning lawyers. If they have a lawyer (which I highly doubt), let this lawyer deal with the post office and Paypal.

You have done everything you could. You have searched for the package and have asked the post office to start an investigation. You are not responsible for your post deliveryman's actions. The other party has violated Paypal rules and all of this is their problem now.

p-WA

yeah, if they mentioned it was a "stretch" for them to afford the item and it was $300 to $400 (I am guessing since OP said over $250), then chances are, they cannot afford a lawyer. What crazy people we have in the world today! I think most of my life stress is caused by bad news and crazy people.

In my years of selling I had less then five buyers that return items and all of them went smoothly. For some reason this transaction with this buyer was a nightmare from the beginning. I truly am stressed out bc of this and decided it's no longer worth selling on eb@y. When I finish selling whats left in my inventory I will move on,which is sad bc I met some great ppl in the many years.

The tracking# does showed "delivered" and I was frantic for days going crazy trying to locate where they deliver the item. I found out that the buyer return the item with no insurance and signature confirmation while trying to locate the package. When I ship this item out to the buyer I fully insured it and had signature confirmation attached.
I reported all this to pay pal and they logged it in,kept the buyer updated constantly. Buyer keeps replying with,"your a liar,you have the item,better return my money"

How do I reply professional to the negative feedback left which says, "Scam artist,has item won't refund money,liar"

With the facts, very professionally.

Ex.: Rtrnd $250+ item no ins/sig cnfrm. INR. PP side w/ me.

This would let me as a potential buyer know that the buyer was a dramatic PITA, and they didn't properly do their part to get their money refunded.

that's terrible.. does sound like they are bullying you.. if that box ever shows up it probably won't even have your item in it

what's the buyers ID so I can block them..

I dont understand. What was the paypal dispute about? I mean why did they open it? If you dont accept returns I dont understand why you did when there was nothing wrong with the item? Please explain..

I dont understand. What was the paypal dispute about? I mean why did they open it? If you dont accept returns I dont understand why you did when there was nothing wrong with the item? Please explain..

OP states that the buyer opened a claim (for who knows what) and paypal forced the OP into accepting a return. It's really not that hard to force a return on a seller these days.

Geez! If I've learned anything from reading these threads it's that if you give in to a PITA buyer's demands after they've won an auction, they will be the very ones that will give you trouble once they get the item.

Linda

How do I reply professional to the negative feedback left which says, "Scam artist,has item won't refund money,liar"

IMO, this feedback is slanderous. If you win your case, I would see if ebay will remove it.

With the facts, very professionally.

Ex.: Rtrnd $250+ item no ins/sig cnfrm. INR. PP side w/ me.

This would let me as a potential buyer know that the buyer was a dramatic PITA, and they didn't properly do their part to get their money refunded.

I agree that a factual professional response is the right thing to do but I don't think you can reference a PP dispute in your reply. I would suggest something simple like, "Buyer says returned but I did not receive"

Last edited:
You absolutely cannot refer to a dispute in feedback. Even if you win the case. I made this mistake when I won a SNAD against a buyer and eBay pulled my very polite feedback. Now no one can see what I wrote.
Just be factual about it but don't mention a case / dispute. !!