LV employee purchase markings on the bag

themrs

Feb 20, 2009
Would anyone happen to know if there is a truth that Employee purchased LV bags have a mark or dot embossed on the leather interior of the bag? I found one that has a dot right next to "paris"

yeah! thank you. I just bought a Louis Vuitton babylone. All the markings are correct except that dot! The only thing is the origin, the seller claims it was purchased on eluxury.com when LV ran the the site but it's an employee purchase. Thank you again!

Hello! I just received a L V Trevi and it has a round stamp with a V in the center. Does anyone know if this is an employee Purchased bag? Also, the date code starts with TJ. Is this a genuine code for a bag made in France?
Thanks you!!

i have a V marked bag - employee purchased, obviously. how does LV handle the repairs for these types of items if you bring them in, does anyone know?
LV have repaired several of my bags that have been purchased pre-loved and I've never had a problem with it. There is anecdotal evidence on the forum where a couple of people have been asked for receipts. All you can do is take it in and see what they say. You can just say it was a gift or an inheritance and don't mention the employee purchase mark.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
LV have repaired several of my bags that have been purchased pre-loved and I've never had a problem with it. There is anecdotal evidence on the forum where a couple of people have been asked for receipts. All you can do is take it in and see what they say. You can just say it was a gift or an inheritance and don't mention the employee purchase mark.
thank you. yes, i have also taken in pre-loved stuff, but never something V-marked. they'd obviously know what that means... i just wondered if perhaps those items are not eligible for repair or if they are handled differently. also wonder how much discount they get, but that's a different thread:amuse: