engagement at Christmas?

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Anyone expecting or hoping for a proposal and e-ring at Christmas? What shape and style have you been looking at or hope to receive? An early congrats and best wishes to the future brides on TPF!

I am already married but a couple years ago, I was hoping for a proposal at or around Christmas day.. I knew that it would be coming soon and I wished for a holiday engagement but Christmas day came and passed.. So did New Year's eve and New Year's day. Then miraculously, I had a Jan 2nd proposal.. :lol: Close enough, I still consider that a holiday proposal. Just don't put too much thought into it, just enjoy the holidays as normal. It'll happen when it happens and will be soooo sweet!

As for shape & style it was something we had already discussed so I had an idea of what he'd get. Princess style solitare in a low, simple setting. It was perfect.

Hope you have a lovely and memorable holiday season!!

the e-ring we had custom made is suppose to be ready around christmas time. we didn't do things the traditional way, with a proposal and wedding planning/long engagement and then a wedding. he kinda popped the question in the summer, we decided hey let's get married ASAP, i was very indecisive with what i wanted in regards to rings (e-ring, and wedding bands), and finally we're eloping in a civil ceremony in january overseas.

in regards to choosing an e-ring, my SO wanted me to have whatever i wanted although he of course had the last say. our biggest battle was choosing the ct weight- he suggested i pick something that won't be too big for my finger, so ultimately i agreed, and the difference between choosing the smaller stone vs the larger one will go to an animal charity very dear to my heart.

My boyfriend and I went ring shopping in August and I knew it was happening sometime around the holidays...Thanksgiving came and went, so I was thinking Christmas....but it is looking more like January now..my dbf is getting the ring custom made and its taking awhile! I am guessing he might wait until Jan 15th now because that is my parents wedding anniversary.
Only thing I know about it is that it is an emerald cut with some sort of side stones and has some pave...he won't tell me anymore than that, even though I keep bothering him about it!! I am very excited! He said he knew within two months of dating me this day would come, and he has had the proposal planned for years! I really can't wait :smile:

I am currently engaged and clearly did not engaged at the holidays, but I just wanted to contribute that you really never know when it is going go happen...I was SURE we were getting engaged on our birthday (we share the same bday in September) so I was really not even looking for clues this past summer but my fiancé totally surprised me and proposed when we got back from vacation in August. His intentions (I know now) where to propose before the vacation so we could celebrate our engagement on our trip, but my ring was being made and was not ready on time. He knew that I was expecting a birthday proposal so he purposely did it before so that I would be completely surprised. Hoping some of you ladies get your dream proposals over the holidays and share them with us!!!

stephc005 - what a lovely story. So what style ring did you go with?

1.25 ct cushion cut with accent stones along the band. i was very indecisive because even though i always knew i wanted a cushion cut, i saw so many beautiful rings and had so many ideas in my head that i kept getting sidetracked. and choosing wedding bands wasn't any easier!

I love the holidays and think that anyone would be extremely lucky to get engaged around then!

I think the holidays (actually, December in general) is just so romantic. I love the white Christmas lights, the ice freezing and watching the children and their family skate, the smell of hot chocolate and the fire burning in the fireplace, and of course, the snowflakes falling - please please please share with us your engagement stories! I'm a sucker for those. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

:smile:

I think the holidays (actually, December in general) is just so romantic. I love the white Christmas lights, the ice freezing and watching the children and their family skate, the smell of hot chocolate and the fire burning in the fireplace, and of course, the snowflakes falling - please please please share with us your engagement stories! I'm a sucker for those. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

:smile:

What a lovely post!!

I feel the same. Even though my father passed away on Dec 16 when I was only 17, I :love: Christmas & all the magic that comes along with the season!

My husband is planning a "diamond" surprise for Christmas....in our new house......(well, I suspect it's my wedding band :graucho:), but perhaps he'll ask me to marry him all over again????

I got engaged on Christmas Day 8 years ago. Although everyone was asking if it would happen, I said no. I love diamonds and we had discussed cuts....but we had been doing that for 3 years...I honestly had given up.

We live in the mountains in Colorado. My BF asked me to go for a little hike on our property. When he said to leave the dogs, I thought it was weird, but I still wasn't willing to let myself think that a proposal was coming...it had snowed...so I just though he was worried they might slip.

We call the rock out cropping that he proposed on "proposal point". It was a great christmas!

3-stone flanders cut ring that was re-set into a custom setting later to save the surprise.

Congrats to anyone planning or hoping for a holiday engagement!!! My husband makes an ornament out of every christmas tree stump. The ornament for 2002 has an engagement ring on it...so we will always remember!:love:

My now DH gave me my ring on Christmas eve a loooong time ago LOL!

He had just bought himself a motorcycle so he bought ME a helmet and when I opened it (and was like WTH? lol) I found the ring hanging from the chin strap :P

I got engaged on Christmas Day 8 years ago. Although everyone was asking if it would happen, I said no. I love diamonds and we had discussed cuts....but we had been doing that for 3 years...I honestly had given up.

We live in the mountains in Colorado. My BF asked me to go for a little hike on our property. When he said to leave the dogs, I thought it was weird, but I still wasn't willing to let myself think that a proposal was coming...it had snowed...so I just though he was worried they might slip.

We call the rock out cropping that he proposed on "proposal point". It was a great christmas!

3-stone flanders cut ring that was re-set into a custom setting later to save the surprise.

Congrats to anyone planning or hoping for a holiday engagement!!! My husband makes an ornament out of every christmas tree stump. The ornament for 2002 has an engagement ring on it...so we will always remember!:love:
Lovely story, MP4!

My now DH gave me my ring on Christmas eve a loooong time ago LOL!

He had just bought himself a motorcycle so he bought ME a helmet and when I opened it (and was like WTH? lol) I found the ring hanging from the chin strap :P

I love this!!! I could totally imagine your reaction to the helmet!!!

Thanks for the compliments Ladies! I'm sure there are lots o' great stories out there!