Anyone with a black/oxidized Pandora bracelet?

Kittie LaRoche

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Is it really that hard to take care of?

I did a google search and it seems like the opinion on the net arepretty much 50/50. :shrugs: One half is saying it sucks as it's loosing its color very quickly, the other half says no way, I've had mine for years and it still looks great.

I thought I wanted a regular silver one from Santa but then DBF asked me what I thought about the oxi bracelets. I never looked twice at them but once I started I really liked the contrast between the silver beads and the darker bracelet. So now I'm totally unsure about what I want.

I also heard people mentioning that you could re-oxidize it with egg yolk?!

Any input is highly appreciated! :hugs: :flowers:

Yes, you can use the egg yolk trick, how quickly the oxi on the bracelet fades depends on the bracelets reaction to your skin, and any contact with perfumes etc,which should be avoided of course. Each person is different, so colour fading would be dependent on the individual. I'd say go ahead & get the bracelet & enjoy it!

Mine has faded in the 2 years I have had it. I think it is from my skin but also from the rubbing of the beads. Still can tell it is oxidized though. I still prefer it to the regular silver one.

I work for a Pandora retailer and we get people in all the time that buy the oxidized bracelet and then think something is wrong with it because the beads cause the oxidation to rub off. Especially if you are only planning on putting a few beads on it. I love the look of it but it just doesn't hold up very well.

I'm kinda expecting it to get a more vintagey look from wear. :shrugs: My plan is to fiel the middle section and secure them with clips. Still, I don't think I will mind plus I don't think it will be my only bracelet... :whistle: I guess they named them Pandora because starting a bracelet is opening pandora's box of evil temptation...

I'm kinda expecting it to get a more vintagey look from wear. :shrugs: My plan is to fiel the middle section and secure them with clips. Still, I don't think I will mind plus I don't think it will be my only bracelet... :whistle: I guess they named them Pandora because starting a bracelet is opening pandora's box of evil temptation...

You can always re ox using the egg method, or if the fading ox gets on your nerves, put the bracelet in a bowl of warm water, tin foil & baking soda to make the bracelet shiny.

I guess they named them Pandora because starting a bracelet is opening pandora's box of evil temptation...

YES! And I have an oxidized I just started wearing and I can tell the difference between when it was new but it still looks good to me for now. The "stations" are what is getting the most wear (no clips on them) from all the rubbing.