What Do We think of the New Alexas?

lola73

Jan 1, 2010
Just checked on the coming soon section on .com and there are new mini-Alexas on their way.
Also petticoat & watermelon colours in the buffalo leather. The petticoat has what looks like Rose gold hardware - looks nice but I wonder about colour transfer and how clean it will stay. Or will the buffalo have less issues with colour transfer than the plonge leather?

Anyone any thoughts on the new colours & mini-style?

(and slightly off the topic of Alexas - £495 for a raffia beach tote - seriously??? I like the look of it but the price is extortionate!)

I think that a light coloured buffalo leather is going to need babying given that oak buffalo picks up colour from jeans and denim. That said though I think the white ones look great and I love the hardware. they would look wicked with cotton, summary trousers, dresses and skirts. You would just need to totally accept from the off that denim is a dirty word as far as the bag is concerned!

i like the look of the mini alexa, though want to see them irl or against a body on a model shot on here to get a better feel for how that size looks when worn, iykwim. I doubt I would go for this size, personally though. If I ever stray from regular alexa size then I would be more likey to try OS than mini, I think.

Agree that only a fricking nutjob would spend £500 on a beach bag. You are not really going to want to store leaking sun tan lotion and sand covered clothes and flip flops in a £500 designer handbag unless you are the type who kindles £20 notes to start your bonfire on 5th Nov. Money to burn indeed, lol.

xx

For me, the first season Alexas (OL, pink leopard, ink, butter) were so fab that I cannot get too excited about the coming ones. If I buy another Alexa, it must be a bit different (like the mini leopard :love:). I would have liked something playful for the summer, for instance a two toned Alexa: body of the bag in one colour, straps in another.

For me, the first season Alexas (OL, pink leopard, ink, butter) were so fab that I cannot get too excited about the coming ones. If I buy another Alexa, it must be a bit different (like the mini leopard :love:). I would have liked something playful for the summer, for instance a two toned Alexa: body of the bag in one colour, straps in another.

I'm still ever so slightly obsessed with finding oak leopard! :nuts:

I totally agree. The coming soon Alexa colours don't appeal to me. I'll be safe for a while. Which is just as well!

Agree that only a fricking nutjob would spend £500 on a beach bag. You are not really going to want to store leaking sun tan lotion and sand covered clothes and flip flops in a £500 designer handbag unless you are the type who kindles £20 notes to start your bonfire on 5th Nov. Money to burn indeed, lol.

:roflmfao: