Cavern of Fakes

Aussiegal

O.G.
Sep 30, 2008
I recently noticed a new "Designer Recycled" store had opened nearby, so today I made a special trip to go see what they had, I was very pumped & thought I'd find something special.... boy was I in for a shock :shocked:
The place was a cavern of wall to wall fakes ( really bad ones ).... Dior, LV, Gucci, Tiffany... it was all there blatently being sold as "pre loved designer"... :wtf:
I walked out feeling rather queasy. How are they even allowed to do this or am I being a bit too naive? I mean Ive seen them in markets and back streets but in a high end fashion street? :wacko:

They had a store like this near me but they only sold Hermes fakes. Like birkins for $1500. I talked to my sa at hermes and he said they know about them but they keep moving and changing their name so it's hard to go after them

You could try to report them to the companies since they have more push with law enforcement. LV has a part of their website talking about counterfeits.There might be contact info there.

Woah that's shocking!! They are deceiving consumers who are looking for a deal for legit brand names but aren't familiar with the brands! Definitely report them! It's one thing for consumers to knowingly buy fakes and it's another to market their products are real when they're really fakes!!

Woah that's shocking!! They are deceiving consumers who are looking for a deal for legit brand names but aren't familiar with the brands! Definitely report them! It's one thing for consumers to knowingly buy fakes and it's another to market their products are real when they're really fakes!!
I picked up a Burberry scarf to get a close look, and asked the SA..."is this authentic" and she replied "well I cant say for sure, because if I did and I was wrong then i could get into trouble" :wtf: wtf???? trouble....for lying about it being real or fake?

I picked up a Burberry scarf to get a close look, and asked the SA..."is this authentic" and she replied "well I cant say for sure, because if I did and I was wrong then i could get into trouble" :wtf: wtf???? trouble....for lying about it being real or fake?

Maybe she know it's fake and just don't want to say it because they're selling "pre-loved designer goods" and want to deceive whoever they can into buying...

yeah she clearly knows that it is fake. Because if they are advertising themselves as selling authentic pre-loved items, then it should be a no-brainer that it is authentic, and the SAs should be able to answer "yes" about everything in the store. But if there's doubt :tdown:

Theres a store like this near me the entire store is counterfeit handbags but they dont pretend they're real so i guess its not as bad as when a store like that tries to tell you they are

I'm assuming that you are in Australia. At a local market here in Brisbane a few weeks ago I saw a stall selling only really cheap fakes of all designer labels (like you get in Bali and Thailand). I wanted to confront the man then and there, but my husband wouldn't let me and said that calling the police was a bit drastic!! When I got home I looked up Customs and Federal Police websites and they said just to call Crimestoppers or the 11444 non-urgent police number.

I called Crimestoppers and just gave them details. I don't know if they got out there (this market is only once weekly), but when I went back a couple of weeks later he wasn't there.