Part time handle not stiff?

fsadeli

O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Hi all PT bal owners...i just bought a bag that i truly love!! hesitant at first because of the leather difference at the front panel but i had made peace with it and i love the fact that it is "different". My only problem now is that the handle seems to be not stiff enough? i saw my friend 08 pt GGh in noir and the handle looks so stiff and tough...my one seems to be like those who has worn for so many years and it started to soften...has anyone experience same issue with 10 F/W PT bag? please share!

here are pics to show how the handle holds up after filled with suff..
IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5086.jpg

and is there any way the handle could break in as well? as i prefer the handle to be stiff and even mine is not, i would love to maintain it not to be slouchier even more...thank you guyss:yahoo:

The "innards" of the handles seem to have switched recently from 2009 to 2010. The innards (whatever tubing they used) were harder and more stiff in bbags before 2010.

I didn't think that anyone else noticed this but me, but for instance the inner-tubing of my 2010 bags are more "flimsy" than that of pre-2010 bags. I actually prefer the "softer and flimsier" ones because they sit on my arm better.

Maybe Balenciaga just switched the material or something?

It seems to vary though cause my 2010 Black Maxi Twiggy has "soft" handles and my Canard Maxi Twiggy one has "hard" handles. Also, my 09 Lilac LE had the softer handles too, but a bunch of my 09 bags (Granny, anthra, black) all had the "stiffer" handles.

I noticed it RERE! In fact, I noticed it in 09. I had an 08 Marine SGH PT with thick and hard handles. The handles on my 09 Tempete SGH City are thinner and softer in comparison.

REREsaurus thank you! I thought I'm the only crazy one here...so this is not a defect is it? And based on your experience will the handle soften again over time? As for now it is not stiff already, I can't imagine if I keep toting heavy stuff around, I think it will be even more flimsy!

Hi fsadeli - I have 2 2010 bags, a Murier PT RGGH and a Black City RGGH. The handles on my Murier PT are definitely softer and more flexible than the City, but I didn't give it much thought until your post! I guess I assumed that some leathers are softer than others, but agree with Rere that it's probably the inner 'tubing' element that would cause the slouching.

I don't think it's a problem on the Murier for me as I don't like the handles to be too firm (so I can get the bag easily over the shoulder), however I haven't used Murier extensively (probably only for about a fortnight total) so can't predict how they'd be over a longer period of time. Perhaps other slouchy-handle owners can help on how they wear?

HTH! :hugs:

LittleMissBags thank you so much! I'm actually just want to confirm that murier owner, especially pt GHW does have the same situation with what I'm facing... I just bought the bag 2 days ago and notice it right away...lol I'm too paranoid that I keep thinking this bag is a faulty cos of the difference in the stiffness!! How crazy! Thank you for bringing a piece of mind :smile:

I noticed it RERE! In fact, I noticed it in 09. I had an 08 Marine SGH PT with thick and hard handles. The handles on my 09 Tempete SGH City are thinner and softer in comparison.

Ha! Roey! Leave it up to the insanely obsessed to notice, LOL! :biggrin:;) It's true, the Tempete has softer handles. I wonder how Bal decides what handles go with what? My Murier Velo had the soft handles too, as did my Bleu Roi City.

REREsaurus thank you! I thought I'm the only crazy one here...so this is not a defect is it? And based on your experience will the handle soften again over time? As for now it is not stiff already, I can't imagine if I keep toting heavy stuff around, I think it will be even more flimsy!

It is NOT a defect! Defnitely not a defect. :tup: It seems like the softer handles are making their way up, as most 2010 bags now have the soft handles. The older bags with the stiff handles would soften up over time with use, but from my experience they stay stiff for quite awhile.

fsadeli I've got 2010 Seigle City GSH, and yes, the handle were not as stiff as my 2008 Sapphire Mid Day GGH even though the last one is pre-owned condition when it came to me, but still, handles coming from 2010 is less stiff than the years below that.

I agree that the 2010 handles are not as stiff as before.

Comparing my 2007 Anthracite GGH City and 2010 FW Anthracite RGGH City, the 2007 is has much stiffer handles than the 2010 version, despite being preowned and 3 years old. The 2010 has only been worn for a few times and it feels softer and stretchy already.

I prefer the stiffer handles myself, I do not like the stretched out look of some handles on my other bags that have softer handles.

I recently bought a FW 10 work and immediately noticed that the handles was much softer. Initially I thought it was because it had been in the store for awhile and "tried on". It wasn´t until I read this thread I realised it was a generel thing. I actually liked the old handles better :tdown:

Help~ I really hope that 2010 handles are much softer
I just got my black RH City last month. I didn't really notice if the handles were softer.
so over the last weekend I put some leather cleaning and repellent foam type product on the handles, thought to protect it against sweat, lotion, etc.
but I think I put too much~ :shucks: and today I noticed the handles have turned all soggy~!! :crybaby: What have I done~!!! What do I do now?!?!
(anyone knows what they use as the tube inside??)

Attachments

• IMAG1679.jpg
    IMAG1679.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 425