Hamptons Leather Carryall in Walnut (#15404) ...does it really exist?

eitak

Oct 20, 2010
hi everyone!

my attention has been turned to the Hamptons Leather Carryall in Walnut. it's sold out online, and when I did a search of all Coach stores within a 50 mile radius of my home, the website told me the bad news:

"We're sorry, this item is currently not available in the area selected. This item may have a limited distribution."

I really just wanted to know if I could pop into a FP store one day and examine the bag in person.

hmph! I live in Houston, Texas. just wondering if anyone owns this beautiful bag... if so, can you please post pictures? I'd love to drool over it s'more! hah... I need to be honest, this bag is nowhere near being an immediate purchase for me -- I would most definitely have to save for it, etc. I tried searching for "Hamptons Carryall" and couldn't find much related to this SPECIFIC bag in regards to anyone actually coveting it or it's availability. if there is a thread that I'm completely missing, PLEASE point me in the right direction!

Hi Katie! Yes, this bag does exist - but, it's really hard to find. My SA had to search all over to find a store that still had it and I ended up with the display. I don't have it yet; but, when it comes I will definitely post pictures. From what I've read here, the leather on the walnut is particularly smooshy...so, it isn't as structured as it looks on the website. I fell in love with it when I saw it on a fashion blog called "Cupcakes and Cashmere." Emily (who writes the blog) is featured using that purse in several of her photoshoots. If you do a search for "Coach" on that website you can see several pictures of it. There is also a recent thread here about the Cobalt carryall that features pictures. HTH!

Hi Katie! Yes, this bag does exist - but, it's really hard to find. My SA had to search all over to find a store that still had it and I ended up with the display. I don't have it yet; but, when it comes I will definitely post pictures. From what I've read here, the leather on the walnut is particularly smooshy...so, it isn't as structured as it looks on the website. I fell in love with it when I saw it on a fashion blog called "Cupcakes and Cashmere." Emily (who writes the blog) is featured using that purse in several of her photoshoots. If you do a search for "Coach" on that website you can see several pictures of it. There is also a recent thread here about the Cobalt carryall that features pictures. HTH!

ah, yes! I actually just finished looking over Cupcakes and Cashmere in regards to the Hamptons bag. I've looked over the Cobalt thread, too! I can't believe it's so hard to come across, but at the same time -- I really can! I would LOVE it if you could post pictures here to showcase this wonderful purse!

what are the chances of this bag being discontinued? is it something that's going to slowly disappear and not be remade again? when did it come out?

thank you for the quick reply! :smile:

I'm surprised we haven't seen an "in person" picture of the Walnut on one of these threads either! I know that the Raisin version just got recently was released; so, that tells me that it hopefully won't be discontinued...they might make additional colors. As for the Walnut, my SA didn't think they would replenish the stock on it, that's why I decided to go ahead and get the display. I'm glad you saw the blog - that's what sold me on the purse - Emily wears it with everthing - from a gray sweater in the winter, to a silky white fur coat, a tutu black skirt in the fall, and a knock-em dead outfit in the summer. I thought...my gosh...if that bag looks that fabulous with all those different outfits...all those different colors...it will be mine...:graucho: I hope you find one too!!!

AHHHHHH. I know exactly what you mean! that's what I thought while scrolling through her blog... "black sweater here, black tights there, gray sweater here... gold jewelry here..." she just made it look fabulous everywhere. I'm so sad at the fact that I might never get my hands on this beloved bag. I don't have $700 to drop right now, but if they don't restock it -- it'll never be in my possession! did you call JAX? I'm wondering how I'll have to go about getting this purse when the time finally comes.

They might honor the PCE price for you since PCE is going on right now. With tax, the bag cost me $568.00. $500.00 is normally my upper range; but, I made an exception on this bag. My SA found it at another store; so, no, I haven't talked to JAX to see if they are going to restock - I was just relying on what my SA told me.

I think the people that bought these bags...are not on the forum. Go figure. I saw these in the store, back in September. They were sold out in a week. Have heard no news of rereleasing that color. I just moved on. It was the same for me and the camel devil. Only 1 on here before my reveal but none in the stores. I am glad these beautiful bags are selling, but not to happy that the quantities are limited and they never made it to the outlet

They might honor the PCE price for you since PCE is going on right now. With tax, the bag cost me $568.00. $500.00 is normally my upper range; but, I made an exception on this bag. My SA found it at another store; so, no, I haven't talked to JAX to see if they are going to restock - I was just relying on what my SA told me.

...over a $100 price drop! that's excellent! I don't even know what to do at this point. it's a bag I'm totally jonesing for but in no way can afford at this present time. I don't want to call JAX just to check availability, find out they have them somewhere, and make an impulse buy! although... this would definitely be a beautiful and non-regrettable impulse purchase. I can't wait until you get yours! when is it supposed to arrive?

I think the people that bought these bags...are not on the forum. Go figure. I saw these in the store, back in September. They were sold out in a week. Have heard no news of rereleasing that color. I just moved on. It was the same for me and the camel devil. Only 1 on here before my reveal but none in the stores. I am glad these beautiful bags are selling, but not to happy that the quantities are limited and they never made it to the outlet

oh no! :sad: I never saw these in the store. I probably wasn't looking for them at the time. have you called JAX? I want to hear good news about this gorgeous bag, but it doesn't look promising. I just want to see this beauty on display somewhere. maybe I need to call around to double-check.

...over a $100 price drop! that's excellent! I don't even know what to do at this point. it's a bag I'm totally jonesing for but in no way can afford at this present time. I don't want to call JAX just to check availability, find out they have them somewhere, and make an impulse buy! although... this would definitely be a beautiful and non-regrettable impulse purchase. I can't wait until you get yours! when is it supposed to arrive?

They told me they were boxing her up yesterday; so, I would imagine it will be less than a week. Yes, the 25% made a big different in the final price. So, I promise as soon as I get her here, I'll post pics. I should get her before PCE is over; so, hopefully you'll have time to make your decision...:biggrin: Good Luck!!!

Here she is!!! I got her today and she is FABULOUS!!!! I am about 5'5" for reference...:yahoo: She has the perfect amount of slouch - I couldn't be happier!!!!

Attachments

• Carryall1.jpg
    Carryall1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 556
  • Carryall2.jpg
    Carryall2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 480
  • Carryall4.jpg
    Carryall4.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 564
  • Carryall3.jpg
    Carryall3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 533
O.M.G. :drool:

she is SO. BEAUTIFUL. the bag looks great on you! you received it very early! man, I bet you're over the moon right now! this is just feeding my obsession... I'm not a regular Coach shopper, so I haven't been invited to any PCE events... does that matter? how long does it go on for? I'm such a rookie when it comes to this stuff! :shame:

I just can't stop looking at your pictures, Coachionista. I NEED this bag.

I'm glad you love her! Yes!!! I love her too!! I bet if you go into a Coach boutique and say that a friend of yours got a 25% off PCE and that you were hoping they could extend the discount to you they would probably do it.

My first bag was a black on black signature Zoe. I didn't have a PCE; but, I was debating about her. At that time, I didn't even know what a PCE was. The SA knew I was debating on it and told me at the time that it was a 25% off event and that she would give me 25% off if I decided to buy the bag (even though I didn't get a PCE). Well, the rest was history...so, it wouldn't hurt to try!! That store was a Coach boutique at one of the Fort Worth Malls; so, I know they CAN do it...even if you don't get the PCE. You'll have to let us all know how it works out!!! :biggrin: