eBay Phillipines Scam Ring Still Active???

mlm4485

Aug 30, 2007
Hi, I am hoping someone familiar with the Phillipines eBay scam will be able to lend some advice. I had a potential buyer email me all sorts of questions regarding an expensive designer bag. Most notably, they asked if I would ship to their courier within the U.S., which is an unconfirmed address (they are living in Manila, Phillipines - this is shown as their registered address on ebay). Does this sound like the Phillipines scam? Does anyone know if I would be covered under the ebay/Paypal protection policy if I shipped to an unconfirmed address within the U.S. (I am also within the U.S.). I hope that I am just being overly cautious, but something just seems a little fishy with this....

Last edited:
hi there! im from the philippines and usually request sellers to send my items to our philippines based courier in nyc (i can pm you courier name if you like). its better for us (buyers from the philippines) to send to this courier since they will be the one to handle customs charges. i've bought several bags from other tpfers :biggrin: right now though i've been able to confirm my courier's address in my paypal account so now that is my official confirmed address :biggrin:

BUT

i know i have other countrymen who are not as honest as me. i've read thru the ebay philippines scam ring thread and it is scary. i do not blame you and do urge you to be cautious. im not sure if its allowed on tpf but you could email me your buyer's info and i could check it out from my end :biggrin:

good luck!

They should have their courier confirmed or verified in their PayPal account. If the courier's address is not registered in their PayPal account, you will not be covered. There should be a way in which signature confirmation is handled so that you are covered with PayPal. But do not send to an address that is not in their PayPal account and not covered by seller protection.

hi there! im from the philippines and usually request sellers to send my items to our philippines based courier in nyc (i can pm you courier name if you like). its better for us (buyers from the philippines) to send to this courier since they will be the one to handle customs charges. i've bought several bags from other tpfers :biggrin: right now though i've been able to confirm my courier's address in my paypal account so now that is my official confirmed address :biggrin:

good luck!

Foxymom, who signs for the package when you do this? Is the courier's signature considered enough for Paypal protection since that is to whom the seller is sending the package according to PayPal?

Foxymom, who signs for the package when you do this? Is the courier's signature considered enough for Paypal protection since that is to whom the seller is sending the package according to PayPal?

hi thepoppet! my courier's staff signs for my package. my packages are usually addressed: My Name c/o Courier Name. I've never had a problem though so I've never had to test the protection system of paypal re this kind of set up ;)