Facebook PET PEEVES

My general pet peeve is that it's the same five people constantly posting status updates. What's this ignore button you're talking about? Actually, I should just give 'em the boot! Does anyone else go through their friends list from time to time and narrow it down?

^^just go to your newsfeed and when you mouseover their name/profile, it'll give you an option of ignoring their feeds. this way, you're not dumping them as your FB friend in general, just ignoring their stupid feeds. they won't even know you did this.

i had to ignore this one guy that i went to high school with because he kept posting prayers, or psalms (or whatever they're called) from the bible every single day. i was like, omg are you kidding me? ugh....

i finally did dump a friend's daughter as a friend (who lives in las vegas) because she kept sending me these stupid trivial invites to events in vegas—where i do NOT live. i would RSVP saying that if i lived there, maybe i'd think about it, but since i don't, i can't go. well, you would think she would take that as a hint and stop sending them to me? nope, she kept sending them so i finally removed her from my friends list.

People who update their status 95 times a day.

People who type their status updates in text instead of typing out whole words.

I don't care about your farm/aquarium/whatever.

When friends of friends ask to be my friend, just because they are friend collectors. If my first contact with you is through a Facebook friend request, I'm not adding you.

Like many of you, I don't like all the updates. These bother me: "Out of town for three days. Miss my amazing wife and kids". Seriously? If you can't be gone for a couple of days without getting homesick, then don't leave town (dh was in the military and gone for 8 months - no sympathy from me!)

And, these: "Meeting good friends for a glass of wine" and then a couple of hours later "Had wine with good friends". Again, seriously? Clearly the poster has very few friends and feels the need to advertise when they finally do something socially.

My pet peeve is when people want to use Facebook as their main form of communication! Please pick up the phone and call me if you need to talk about something. A Facebook message does not hold much credibility.

My pet peeve is when people want to use Facebook as their main form of communication! Please pick up the phone and call me if you need to talk about something. A Facebook message does not hold much credibility.

YES! my husband feels the exact same way, which is why he is very anti-social networking anything! it's amazing how so much interaction these days is via email, texting and facebook.

quite sad, really. :yes:

Like many of you, I don't like all the updates. These bother me: "Out of town for three days. Miss my amazing wife and kids". Seriously? If you can't be gone for a couple of days without getting homesick, then don't leave town (dh was in the military and gone for 8 months - no sympathy from me!)

And, these: "Meeting good friends for a glass of wine" and then a couple of hours later "Had wine with good friends". Again, seriously? Clearly the poster has very few friends and feels the need to advertise when they finally do something socially.

ME TOO! LOL I posted this one day making fun of these kinds of people, "waiting for my hubby to get home from the golf course...miss my honey...SIKE! bahaahaa..."

I love the irony in the passive aggressive call outs.

"If you have something to say to me, you can just say it to my face instead of running around behind my back. Karma's a *****!"

Yeah...you do realize you just did the same thing, right?

I love the irony in the passive aggressive call outs.

"If you have something to say to me, you can just say it to my face instead of running around behind my back. Karma's a *****!"

Yeah...you do realize you just did the same thing, right?

:lol: I have one friend that does that all the time..smh..

Nothing worth complaining about. Really, what is the point...

I figure people have different styles of sharing, I read and respond to updates that strike me and ignore the rest.