The holiday spirit has hit ebay customer service

coutureinatl

Jan 31, 2010
So I am a seller who has had 3 cases opened against me in the past few weeks for the most ridiculous situations that were found against me but I have gotten reversed. Apparently some workers at ebay have a brain and can make the right decision.

1) Sold a gently used electronic gaming device that was listed with scratches, had numerous pictures with scratches and buyer received and left positive feedback on but a few days later told me that they wanted to return it due to the scratches. They opened a case that I responded to that it was sold with scratches as well as showed pictures of the scratches yet eBay allowed to the buyer to return for a full refund. I appealed the case and again argues that it was a used item clearly listed correctly. eBay just reversed the decision and gave me the money back

2) Sold an item and sent it to the address listed on paypal. A week later the buyer left me negative saying I sent it to the incorrect address as they had moved 5 years ago. I called eBay and they looked into it and said I sent it to the right address, would not remove the feedback but would email the buyer telling them that they put the incorrect address and I did the right thing. The package is in USPS space. A few days ago they opened a case which I responded to that I sent it to the confirmed address, was trying to get the item back and would re send it when I received it. eBay sided with them saying I needed to refund. I called them up and the rep. looked into and deemed it no ones fault and we were both refunded.

3) Sold an item ( $400) Brand new direct from manufacturer to a overseas customer. They received and claimed it was not new, did not want to return it but wanted to punish me. They opened a case again saying it was not new but wanted to keep the item. eBay sided with them saying that they had to send it back and took the money from me on hold. They told me the buyer had 10 days to return the item and if there was no tracking from them by then I could call and they would release the money. I appealed and the buyer kept emailing me telling me that they would not return it and demanded 1/2 the money back. I forwarded ebay all the emails and today ( 2 days later ) they reversed their decision and the money came back to me.

Wow I'm sorry you had to go through those cases (I had a case earlier this year and it was so stressful, can't imagine 3 in short amount of time), but it's great eBay eventually made the right decision and things turned out okay! :tup:

I'm glad this all worked out in your favor. It must be a relief! :tup:

TBH, I don't think the outcomes have anything to do with holiday spirit--you had a solid case in all three claims.

What about the negative feedback in the second case left by that irresponsible buyer? If eBay were infected by the holiday spirit, it would've removed that feedback, though it should have done it anyway. JMHO.

I'm glad this all worked out in your favor. It must be a relief! :tup:

TBH, I don't think the outcomes have anything to do with holiday spirit--you had a solid case in all three claims.

What about the negative feedback in the second case left by that irresponsible buyer? If eBay were infected by the holiday spirit, it would've removed that feedback, though it should have done it anyway. JMHO.

It is so hard to get ebay to remove negative feedback unless the buyer threatens you or curse. I tried but did not succeed. I just responded to it, that is all I can do.

Wow that's a lot of cases in a short period of time. That must have been very frustrating, I"m glad you won them. Although I'm kind of bugged by your second case. Clearly the buyer was at fault for not updating their address info, ebay should remove the negative feedback. If you don't hear back from ebay soon I'd follow up on it so it can get removed ASAP.