Is This Shortage Causing LV To Compromise Quality Control?!

Bunifa

Nov 25, 2010
I ordered two galleria gm and had to return it both times. The first bag, the stitching was loose on the bother corners. The second bag, was totally uneven as one side is more rounded than the other. I've been wanting this bag for a long time since my birthday is coming up soon. I am so disappointed I wanna cry. I'm starting to feel like they are rushing supply to meet demands. Anyone else experiencing this?

That's awful, I'm sorry! I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but I've heard a lot of complaints about lose stitching on the Gal before. Hopefully it was just a bag specific case and not related to compromised quality due to the shortage.

I ordered two galleria gm and had to return it both times. The first bag, the stitching was loose on the bother corners. The second bag, was totally uneven as one side is more rounded than the other. I've been wanting this bag for a long time since my birthday is coming up soon. I am so disappointed I wanna cry. I'm starting to feel like they are rushing supply to meet demands. Anyone else experiencing this?

I fully agree. And I also think this is the same for repairs. They are rushing them and therefore they are not looking as great.

Yes I definitely think the new bags are being poorly made right now due to the rush and it's best to wait a couple months. I went to buy a new Speedy 25 the other day. In the store, mainly due to the fact that the annoying SA wouldn't leave me alone to make a decision, I thought the bag seemed fine. When I came home, I noticed the entire alignment of the bag was off by at least 1-2 inches. The placement of the monogram was completely different to past Speedies from earlier this year and before. I then went to a few more stores to see about exchanging for a better one. I looked at about 8 more Speedy 25's and one was worse than the next!!! I returned mine.

So I say wait. Not a good time right now for LV and it's very very disappointing.