My balenciaga bag was mistaken for a forever 21 bag

amjac2wm

Bal Love Re-ignited!
O.G.
Feb 3, 2008
Has anyone ever asked you if your bag was from forever 21 or macy's? A guy and his girlfriend asked me this on my subway ride home. I was carrying my pourpre first.

Not the same category - but I've had people mistake my Tiffany, Peretti multiple Diamond by the Yard necklaces for a handmade beaded necklace and people ask me if I'm wearing copper bracelets for arthritis (they're Cartier Love bracelets.)

Good thing I'm not trying to impress anyone. :smile:

i'm guessing that forever 21 had some sort of knock off version of a bal first. i remember i was on ebay and i saw a balenciaga "inspired" bag that was made by aldo. it made me lol because it screamed fake.

i told him the bag was balenciaga. i was talking to my friend though, who was asking where they could be purchased. i told her at the boutique or at neimans or bergdorfs, a far cry from forever 21.

i'm guessing that forever 21 had some sort of knock off version of a bal first. i remember i was on ebay and i saw a balenciaga "inspired" bag that was made by aldo. it made me lol because it screamed fake.

^^I just saw one of those! I was surprised because it was a FLAT BRASS BAG that was knocked off! I heard the flat brass was knocked off - but never saw one before. Would be hard to tall from afar. Very scary!!!!

Ok I have had my BF now DH ask me if I had a Perm. NO!!!!!!!!!!! My Hair is curly BUTTT the colour is enhanced :smile: no friggin perm. I did not feel badly because he did not know a natural curly gal prior to meeting me.......

Dont worry about what others think....you know what is

I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it! Some people get really offended if their designer bag is mistaken for something of lesser quality. I am uncomfortable about discussing my bags with friends, nevermind strangers, so don't mind if they think it's a knockoff or came from Target! :biggrin: The people most intrigued by my bags are the nail technicians at the salons I frequent. I've been to several around town and they always want to know about my bags - what brand they are, how much they cost, etc. - and it's a subject I'd rather not discuss. I had to change salons a couple of years ago because one of the techs was driving me crazy every time I went in for a pedicure.

i wouldnt worry. if someone mistook my bal for something from forever 21 id crack up.

i go to school in a college town in the midwest and alot of people have fake bals. ive had a girl come up to me with a fake first and say "omg we have the same bag." i just smile and nod ;) hahah.

I once was asked if my black city was a fake... by this girl who told me she got one from canal, tho her strap broke, she wanted to know if mine ever broke lol... i was like, umm no.