Pretty Nylon Eliz-a-Baby Bag - w/modelling photo for reference

europa

loves her boys :)
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
Soo.. My other Black Friday shopping arrived this morning:
Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Nylon Eliz-a-Baby.

I have to say that this bag is bigger than what I expected. I did want a bigger bag so I can fit all that my baby's needs, but this bag is huuuuugee..... :nuts:. Anyway, it maybe huge for me as I am petite and I am used to carrying a too small baby bag.

The bag is lightweight for its size and I am thankful for the long strap so we can carry it cross body. It has LOTS of pockets, which is brilliant in a baby bag as we can store different items in different pockets for easy access. Another brilliant thing is: it only has one main compartment instead of several divided compartments so you have full control of how you want to place your baby's items. And it closes with a zipper, so if you accidentally drop the bag and it lands upside down, you don't have to worry about the contents of the bag being thrown out of the bag.

Anyway, here are some photos. I bought one in Gettysburg Blue - very dark blue which turns to slightly brighter blue under the light/sun.

1) Outside, without flash.Slightly brighter than its original colour. The colour reminds of the Parisian Blue colour of my Pretty Nylon pouch.
img6269custom.jpg

2) Inside, without flash: slightly darker, I think, this is the closest colour to its real colour.
img6275custom.jpg

3) Modelling. I am 5ft tall.
img6283custom.jpg

4) Compare it with my Natasha Classic Q
img6281custom.jpg

I hope these photos help everyone who is thinking about getting MbMJ Pretty Nylon Eliz-a-Baby!

I think I am now used to its size and I can say that I LOVE this bag!!! :yahoo:

Last edited:
Wow! That is huge.... I was thinking of getting it but I already have the leather MBMJ baby bag......... but it is so heavy! But, this would make a good overnight/pram baby bag.

Congrats on your loot!! Can't go wrong with the Natasha!!! Love the diaper bag! It is huge!
Thank you :biggrin:
And I am loving my Natasha more. Going out with bub today and I wore the Natasha and had the Eliz-a-baby on the pram. LOVE both bags.

Nice diaper bag! So trendy! Congrats!
Thank you :biggrin:

Wow! That is huge.... I was thinking of getting it but I already have the leather MBMJ baby bag......... but it is so heavy! But, this would make a good overnight/pram baby bag.
Hiya, it is huge, especially for me. It is lightweight though. I want a nappy bag that is only heavy when I fill it full :biggrin:. And the pockets! There are two big pockets closing with magnetic patch, two side pockets, and four patch pockets inside :love:

Pretty Nylon range also offers a variety of colours and patterns. I was drooling over the purple rubine colour, but too bad ShopBob didn't have it and other stores didn't offer any discount.

ooo thanks for the modelling pic!
my sister got the same bag on the black friday sales when shopbop had the discount, but shes planning on using it as a school bag lol! but hers hasn't arrived yet!

it is very big, but that's great just in case you don't want to carry a purse AND a baby bag! i think the color is really pretty though. congrats!
Yes. It makes travelling alone with baby simpler as I don't have to carry too many bags. It is big, but I can fit everything we need in it :biggrin:.

cute handbags, love the Natasha the most
Thank you.

Very stylish baby bag! Congrats!
Thanks!

ooo thanks for the modelling pic!
my sister got the same bag on the black friday sales when shopbop had the discount, but shes planning on using it as a school bag lol! but hers hasn't arrived yet!
Wow, your sister will be able to fit probably all of her textbooks in it! She'll find the long strap very helpful, I think. As I was interested in the other bag of the pretty nylon range (medium/large Tate tote) and I don't fancy the lack of zipper for the main compartment and the long detachable strap.

I have the following pics in the 'What's inside your MJ bag' thread as well but I thought of copying them here to help fellow TPFers who want to know how much this bag can take:

MbMJ Pretty Nylon Eliz-a-Baby bag
img6778acustom.jpg

img6781acustom.jpg

img6782acustom.jpg

Inside and in the outer pockets:

• Change mat
  • Nappies
  • Wipes
  • Kleenex tissues
  • Bub's spare clothes with bib, and socks
  • Dummy
  • Snacks
  • Snack container
  • Spoons
  • Plastic 'catch' bib in the back pocket
  • Drinking bottle (not pictured as bub is having it)
  • Milk bottle (with just the hot water)
  • Milk powder container
  • Hat
  • Sunscreen and nappy rash cream

And this bag still gives me some room for bub's sweater and if I want, my wallet, keys, cosmetic bag.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I am thinking about getting this bag too. But may I know if this bag water resistant inside and out? I don't want to worry about water spills and rain. I can't find more info on the web. It's great I can find someone who actually owned one. Thanks. :smile:

thanks, islandgirl76!

Elle Candy,
No worries.

The bag, I think, has somekind of water resistant material coating on the outside. As I have taken it out when there're drizzles and the bag stayed dry inside.

Not sure about the inside though, as it has the same MbMJ lining as other MbMJ bags.