Black Dress, Black Tights & Brown Boots

kateykix

Feb 5, 2008
do these three go together? i need your expertise ladies! i've got an outfit all set to go tomorrow, but just need someone to push me and tell me it's ok to mix black and brown! :biggrin: tia!

do these three go together? i need your expertise ladies! i've got an outfit all set to go tomorrow, but just need someone to push me and tell me it's ok to mix black and brown! :biggrin: tia!

here is the outfit. please give me your honest opinions! i am fashion clueless after having a baby so i need all the help i can get! :P

Attachments

• IMG_0949.jpg
    IMG_0949.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 31,759
It doesn't look bad. I was a little worried until I saw the pic. I think it helps to have something like leopard print to being bown and black together - or maybe add a brown belt to bring the boots into the whole outfit.

I think the color combo is fine and the outfit itself is good, too. But I think a few tweaks could make it better. The belt seems too thin and dainty given how rugged the boots look. The necklace seems out of place. Maybe something a bit shorter and more polished, to match the dress.

And I agree with the above poster that the style of the boots doesn't quite match the dress. I think it's because the boots have a lot of detail. The outfit seems to need a focus.

Anyway, I hope this isn't more advice than you wanted. Hope it helps.

Black and brown are both neutrals so they can be mixed together in an outfit. I think you just need something to finish off the outfit, say, a printed scarf. I agree with quimby about the belt, a wider one would work better.

Overall, I like your outfit. Have fun!

I like the boots with the dress, but would swap out the necklace for a leopard scarf like the LV leopard stole. IMO, the necklace and boots are competing for different looks. I would wear the necklace if I were wearing the dress with heels, then the necklace would be the focal point of the outfit. With the look I've suggested, the boots will be what stands out in your outfit. Cute boots, btw!

Agree w/ other posters. Either change the dress to something shorter, like a sweater dress or tunic, or opt for booties. I luv the leo scarf suggestion too - it'll tie up the whole black/brown look!

here is the outfit. please give me your honest opinions! i am fashion clueless after having a baby so i need all the help i can get! :P

You don't appear clueless and you have a great figure!
You could totally pull off a shorter dress with these boots. Other than that, I agree that a different belt and a scarf would make this a really great outfit.

i personally like the black and brown combo. i don't think it's necessary to change the boots to booties, but maybe a jacket will balance things out? the boots just seem a bit much for that particular dress on its own.