Holiday Sale Glutton (pics)

swolfcg

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
I think I went a little overboard this Thanksgiving. In trying to find the perfect black bag, I ended up with two. Of course I had instant buyers remorse right after hitting enter, and even further remorse when I opened my holiday booty.

First up is the Alex Zipper Medium Tote, which I probably shouldn't have thought of buying in the first place, since I already have two LP Medium totes. They are very similar, with exception of the braided handle, the tassel/string thingies, & the smaller top. In any case, I'm starting to appreciate it; especially after I got nice complement from a lady in a elevator.

For Reference, I'm 5'7

IMG_7810-1.jpg

IMG_7790-1.jpg

Next up is the full size Treesje Exposed Stud. I'm more of a Tote girl, not hobo, so I already should have thought twice, but I couldn't resist after seeing a tpf'r modeling pic. It's much wider in person, and didn't do the nice slouching thing it did for the previous model I saw. But after I moved things around, it slouched it better and molded to my body better. I would say that this is hobo sits better on my shoulder than the HH Havanas do. Still on the fence w/ this one, but I have to admit I don't have anything else like it in my closet.

IMG_7886-1.jpg

I purchased the LP from MOB, during their 45% off Thanksgiving sale. Always great ordering from them, b/c my stuff usually comes about 2 days after I purchase. The Treesje came from Aster Alice, and purchased for about 60% off. They took a bit more time to ship, but was pristine when I received it.

Last edited:
Wolfy- awww I totally understand about buyer's remorse. BUT... these are two gorgeous bags. They're both black, but totally different in style and shape.

And I'm with Kristin- multiple LP medium totes are a must. I have 2 (azure and olive) and plan on getting one or two new ones every season from now on in different colors. They're the LP signature... kinda like Balenciaga city??

Congrats!!

Wolfy- awww I totally understand about buyer's remorse. BUT... these are two gorgeous bags. They're both black, but totally different in style and shape.

And I'm with Kristin- multiple LP medium totes are a must. I have 2 (azure and olive) and plan on getting one or two new ones every season from now on in different colors. They're the LP signature... kinda like Balenciaga city??

Congrats!!

I feel the same way, but I'm starting to tire of the same style bag. I know they change a little of the here and there, but it's essentially the same bag. I just wished their other totes had a longer shoulder drop or that they put out more tote styles.

I'll keep both for now. But I know I'll get more use from the LP, since I don't go out that often.

^^^ hahaha, I'm right there with you!! The most action my bags get are trips to the market :rochard:

Put me in that group as well, since I live out in the country, mainly I just hit up Walmart and occasionally the mall for shopping. Par-tay! LOL

I LOVE that Treesje bag!! That's a keeper, imho!

Linda

I thought I was the only one that got buyer's remorse even when I get great prices....

The Alex zip tote has a very different look than the Dylan totes, so while they have a similar functionality, the look is totally different. Certainly different enough to justify the purchase :smile: And that Treesje is gorgeous. I love the subtle studs. Looks to me like you made great purchases at fabulous prices! Enjoy them!

^^^ Oh my gosh... seriously. Even when I LOOOVE the bag and it was a great price. Excitement and remorse seem to go hand-in-hand with these bags...

^^^ Oh my gosh... seriously. Even when I LOOOVE the bag and it was a great price. Excitement and remorse seem to go hand-in-hand with these bags...

I love this bag! Damn, I spent too much money! But I LOVE this bag, I don't care! But I also love this other bag over here... :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Sometimes I wonder if the fun isn't really in the 'having' but the GETTING! :biggrin:

Linda