Help Bag Repair

princesslisa

BAGS R A GIRLS BESTFRIEND
Aug 22, 2006
I am posting this question for my friend

she just got a brand new BETSEY JOHNSON BAG for x-mas and her cat scratched the bag and now there are a few small cuts in the leather from the cats nails the cuts are about a quarter of an inch long

DO YOU KNOW WHERE SHE CAN TAKE IT TO GET IT FIXED? OR SOMETHING YOU CAN PUT OVER IT TO SEAL IT SO IT DOESNT CONTINUE RIPPING???
SHE GOT IT AT WOODBURY SO IDK IF YOU CAN RETURN IT OR NOT??

THANKS

Can she take it where she bought it?

I had a chanel purse that was scratched and I gave it to Neimans. Neimans sent it to the Chanel boutique, and they cleaned it! It was awesome

Can she take it where she bought it?

I had a chanel purse that was scratched and I gave it to Neimans. Neimans sent it to the Chanel boutique, and they cleaned it! It was awesome

she got it at woodbury most of the time it is final sale :sad: but is there a way she can send it out to the company for repair?? i know every other company you can i an not that familar with betsey johnson

I know LovinMyBags does repairs but I don't know if they do all bags. I had a Botkier Bombay satchel sent there to be cleaned from coffee spills and have a repellent added to it. I think, I can't quite remember the exact cost but I think it was 125.00. I know she also repairs Balenciaga Bags and will repair rips/scratches, etc.
BUT...Betsey Johnson bags are not usually very high priced so paying for repair may cost you half the price of the bag. Fixing rips on a B-Bag can cost up to 225.00.
She does a great Job and is good to deal with Iin my case anyway). The site is Lovin My Bags Leather Care for Handbags

a cobbler will generally carry a leather sealant/glue/thingie that can seal the leather up without looking like glue.

or maybe a shop like a wilson's leather could point you in the right direction.

I would take it back to the shop they can send back to the company even if it was sale you will have to pay for repair anyway as not a manufacturers fault, good luck!

I know LovinMyBags does repairs but I don't know if they do all bags. I had a Botkier Bombay satchel sent there to be cleaned from coffee spills and have a repellent added to it. I think, I can't quite remember the exact cost but I think it was 125.00. I know she also repairs Balenciaga Bags and will repair rips/scratches, etc.
BUT...Betsey Johnson bags are not usually very high priced so paying for repair may cost you half the price of the bag. Fixing rips on a B-Bag can cost up to 225.00.
She does a great Job and is good to deal with Iin my case anyway). The site is Lovin My Bags Leather Care for Handbags

Holy heck, how did I not know about this?! Thanks for the link, Lexie!

Daisy, I just called the number and talked to Barb personally. She explained what they could do and told me what to expect. My bag took about 2 weeks total including back and forth shipping. It looks like new with no stains on it at all. She explained that B-bags take longer to do. It was originally a leather furniture repair business and she branched off with the purse part. I bought my leather cleaner and conditioner there also. My brand new bag that cost quite a bit was totally ruined and Barb gave it a 2nd life. Some may think that 125 is too much to spend on repair but not for an expensive bag.

I have a Balenciaga Twiggy that has to be sent to Barb soon for Piping repair and some kitten bite marks.
Look what they can do for a B-Bag...
Lovin My Bags Restoration