Very let down with LP customer service.

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
After having to email them and facebook message them a total of 7 times in two weeks to get any response at all, I finally get a response telling me that since I bought my bag from ebags, I have to go through ebags to get the lining and zippers repaired.

I emailed ebags last night, and got a response within a few hours, informing me that they don't do repairs or replacements for Linea Pelle and I have to have the manufacturer repair the bag.

So neither wants to accept responsibility to fix the bag. I have had the bag for just over a year and the lining is torn and the zippers won't stay closed, and are not at all smooth. I understand I have to pay for the repairs, but it sure seems like both parties want me to just "deal with it" and buy a new one instead of fixing it. Well I won't be giving them another dime if my current bag cannot be properly tended to.

I didn't really think they read the boards. But I guess I just wanted people to read that and maybe rethink buying from a company that won't stand behind their products and passes the buck to avoid dealing with a problem.

I didn't really think they read the boards. But I guess I just wanted people to read that and maybe rethink buying from a company that won't stand behind their products and passes the buck to avoid dealing with a problem.

Well honestly, I've had such great experiences with LP bags that I don't think I'll consider not buying any time soon! I've been very happy with their product and they are so comfy to carry. I see very few complaints on the boards about the product or service.

But I do sympathize with your problem and hope you are able to get it resolved, I would likely react the same way if I were in your place.

Linda

I would love to rebuy another Dylan ZT but if they won't stand behind the one I have, it's certainly not incentive to buy yet another. I really hope they get it together and figure out how to get this item fixed.

Wow, I am surprised to hear this. I had awesome customer service from LP in the past.

Speaking as someone who deals in customer service, it can be difficult sometimes to know over an email if a product is defective or if it was because of something the customer did to it. I have had many customers damage our product and try to blame us. They back down right away when called on it. Because some people are like that, it makes some customer service people a little jaded. That said, I'm surprised they didn't tell you to send it in for them to look at and see what they thought. Maybe you can ask if this is possible. Like I said, I have had great customer service with LP. They have always been very nice. Maybe it's worth asking them if they will take a look at it?

hi, I've heard nothing but great customer service from LP in the past. Who did you speak at LP? I personally had great experience with Dani but am not sure if she still works there. I typically email their customer service thru their website- is that how you contacted them?

ame, How disappointing and frustrating! It might be worth it to call them directly so you can explain your situation, what ebags said and ask if they can take a look at the bag, explain how you've used it, etc. Sometimes dealing over the phone makes a difference. Also, its easier to work your way up the chain of command on the phone... Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Wow, I am surprised to hear this. I had awesome customer service from LP in the past.

Speaking as someone who deals in customer service, it can be difficult sometimes to know over an email if a product is defective or if it was because of something the customer did to it. I have had many customers damage our product and try to blame us. They back down right away when called on it. Because some people are like that, it makes some customer service people a little jaded. That said, I'm surprised they didn't tell you to send it in for them to look at and see what they thought. Maybe you can ask if this is possible. Like I said, I have had great customer service with LP. They have always been very nice. Maybe it's worth asking them if they will take a look at it?

I probably tore the lining, I am not calling it defective really. I am willing to pay for the repairs, and I expected to from the beginning. But the zippers were defective from the get go, I just liked the bag so much I tolerated it. Either way, both sides are giving me the run around. It took them weeks to even respond to me, so I am kind of expecting them to ignore me again now that I replied telling them Ebags told me to contact them.

hi, I've heard nothing but great customer service from LP in the past. Who did you speak at LP? I personally had great experience with Dani but am not sure if she still works there. I typically email their customer service thru their website- is that how you contacted them?
yes, as well as through their Facebook page. The messages were unsigned by a name, just LP Customer Service.

UPDATE!

I just called the LP.com customer service folks and the manager agreed to "escalate" this through Management and will be taking care of my repairs at no cost. I will ship them my bag tomorrow for the repairs.

I am glad I called. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME WHINE.

UPDATE!

I just called the LP.com customer service folks and the manager agreed to "escalate" this through Management and will be taking care of my repairs at no cost. I will ship them my bag tomorrow for the repairs.

I am glad I called. THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO ME WHINE.

That's terrific, we love happy endings! :yahoo:

Linda