talbots outlet?

Hi! Glad to see another Talbots fan! :biggrin:

There are the regular Talbots outlet stores and the clearance stores. The regular outlet stores sell cheaper quality factory items and the prices are not that low. IME, the clearance stores are much, much better. They sell actual merchandise from the regular stores at deeply discounted prices (up to 90% off). I have gotten so many amazing bargains at the clearance store!

I have a Talbots outlet store, but it's not in an outlet strip, it's a standalone near me. Is this what you mean by Clearance store? I've never been to it.

I saw their online deals recently, and 10$ for a Tshirt for the summer is great, but I wasn't keen on the shipping.

Any deals for shipping with Talbots? Anyone got a link to the outlet malls they are associated with?

I have a Talbots outlet store, but it's not in an outlet strip, it's a standalone near me. Is this what you mean by Clearance store? I've never been to it.

It sounds like that might be a clearance store. Mine is a stand-alone store too, not located in an outlet mall. You can find some awesome deals -- it's definitely worth stopping in!

I saw their online deals recently, and 10$ for a Tshirt for the summer is great, but I wasn't keen on the shipping.

Any deals for shipping with Talbots? Anyone got a link to the outlet malls they are associated with?

They have an outlet store at Leesburg, however, I believe the merchandise is made for the outlets. The store mentioned in Springfield, right off of 395, near Kmart/Buy Buy Baby, is a clearance store. They get their items from the actual store and you can usually find some good discounts. Might be worth the stop on ythe way to Potomac Mills.

thanks ladies!

just to clarify... How can i tell whether a store is clearance store versus an outlet store?
Are the OUTLET stores those that are within the Premium or Tanger outlet strips? whereas, the CLEARANCE stores are stand-alone? do the signs of the clearance stores state "Talbot's Clearance" or are they also (confusingly) called "Talbot's outlet store"?

!!! thanks to you hermesnewbie, i just did a talbots search and found a clearance outlet nearby@!! it's a standalone store (not in a whole outlet mall), so hopefully they'll carry "real" talbots stuff!!

also, do you have any pointers as to how i can tell if it's "true" talbots quality? Jcrew factory is obvious and brooks brothers has a specific label for their outlets... does talbots have any obvious cues?

!!! thanks to you hermesnewbie, i just did a talbots search and found a clearance outlet nearby@!! it's a standalone store (not in a whole outlet mall), so hopefully they'll carry "real" talbots stuff!!

also, do you have any pointers as to how i can tell if it's "true" talbots quality? Jcrew factory is obvious and brooks brothers has a specific label for their outlets... does talbots have any obvious cues?

Glad I could help! Be sure to tell us what you find! I'm planning to visit my store on Friday.

Talbots factory apparel definitely looks and feels different than their regular merchandise. They might have a different label or price tag but I can't remember. Items from their clearance store are almost always from the store and catalog, although they do get factory merchandise as well (not much though).

At my store the merchandise seems to be just one season behind. For example, last summer I saw a pair of shoes I wanted in the Talbots catalog for $109. By Aug/Sept those shoes were in the clearance store for $12. I ended up buying 4 pairs in different colors!

Have fun shopping -- I can't wait to hear what you bought! :yahoo:

It sounds like that might be a clearance store. Mine is a stand-alone store too, not located in an outlet mall. You can find some awesome deals -- it's definitely worth stopping in!
Oooo, thank, I will definitely have to check this out.

You ladies gave me the WRONG info, now I'm going to be tip toeing in there alot I bet!

Glad I could help! Be sure to tell us what you find! I'm planning to visit my store on Friday.

Talbots factory apparel definitely looks and feels different than their regular merchandise. They might have a different label or price tag but I can't remember. Items from their clearance store are almost always from the store and catalog, although they do get factory merchandise as well (not much though).

At my store the merchandise seems to be just one season behind. For example, last summer I saw a pair of shoes I wanted in the Talbots catalog for $109. By Aug/Sept those shoes were in the clearance store for $12. I ended up buying 4 pairs in different colors!

Have fun shopping -- I can't wait to hear what you bought! :yahoo:

GET OUTTA HERE!!!! Girl, my heart is going pitter pat in anticipation of the deals!!!:yahoo:

I have been to the one in Springfield Va. It isn't in a outlet mall. They had a lot of nice stuff and great prices.
^Have not been to that one, will have to make an effort to get there.
They have an outlet store at Leesburg, however, I believe the merchandise is made for the outlets. The store mentioned in Springfield, right off of 395, near Kmart/Buy Buy Baby, is a clearance store. They get their items from the actual store and you can usually find some good discounts. Might be worth the stop on ythe way to Potomac Mills.

^Thanks for the info.