Authentications with a formal letter (ebay)

chausseau

O.G.
Aug 12, 2009
Hi there!

Where will I get an authentication with a formal letter (from a professional company) for Hermes items only by pictures? I only know caroldiva but I guess she is not an hermes expert .... I often heard that mypoupette is also not recommended...

Thank you in advance!

Thank you very much, I wrote already an email to her! Lets wait and see what she says.

Does anyone know delortaeagency? Do they also formal authentication letters?
Why is mypoupette not recommended? They are really expensive by the way so it would be nice if they are worth the money....

Thank you!

Thank you very much, I wrote already an email to her! Lets wait and see what she says.

Does anyone know delortaeagency? Do they also formal authentication letters?
Why is mypoupette not recommended? They are really expensive by the way so it would be nice if they are worth the money....

Thank you!

mypoupette is definitely not an expert on Hermes. In fact, they have been wrong on vintage Chanel, etc in the past.

The problem with Paypal is that they only accept letters of authenticity from certain people. You have to find out a list of acceptable authenticators from them, or they will reject the letter.

^^ Another more complicated problem is that although I understand that PayPal accepts letters from CarolDiva and MyPoupette for authenticity questions on Hermes items, and they do give opinions on Hermes items, I do not think that they are generally regarded as experts on Hermes.

^^^
ITA

Someone I knew bought a really obvious fake Chanel bag off of eBay a couple of years ago. Neither Caroldiva nor mypoupette could make a final determination on it. Ebay/Paypal would not accept a letter regarding the non-authenticity from anyone else, and the buyer was not able to get her money back. I always wondered after that if eBay was getting a kick-back from these services because they would not accept any other opinions.

There actually is no approved list of authenticators accepted by Paypal/Ebay, although they do encourage provision of some kind of certificate of authenticity if it is in question.

Thank you for all your answers! It still seems like a big mystery to me. So hopefully I will never buy a bag which seems to be fake afterwards and then have to proof it to paypal... otherwise: fingers crossed;)

I find it really shockingly that ebay does not more against fakes and their persecution (and helping customers to deal with that- very naive i know:smile: ) - not that i did not have already been aware of that...

Thank you for your informations! It was very helpful!

There actually is no approved list of authenticators accepted by Paypal/Ebay, although they do encourage provision of some kind of certificate of authenticity if it is in question.

You are absolutely right Mistikat, there is not an official approved list which is not v. helpful.

Both MyPoupette and CarolDiva can only be as good as the authenticators they use and I am not sure who these days they are using to assist them. Unless the ladies themselves are avid long time collectors, of course they are not going to know all the pertinent points on a particular model of a bag.

I have provided letters on a few occasions free of charge for members here and clients who have previously purchased from dubious sources to help them out and eBay/PayPal have accepted them everytime, always refunding the monies ..... pls note I do not offer this service, there were special reasons I helped out in the past. I am just stating that perhaps a statement from another reputable reseller might do the trick? perhaps eBay/PayPal will accept a letter from them also.