Arts & Crafts My DIY wedding card box!!

dearmissie

I'm MARRIED!!
Aug 16, 2007
I finished this a while ago but I figured I could still share it with all my tPF friends. :P It was the very first DIY project DF and I started together for the wedding. It's our wedding cake card box!! Yippiee!! We did end up doing a square boxes because I could not find any round boxes which were big enough to hold the cards. I used some old boxes which I got from that box store last year. They were blue and plaid so DF and I simply spray painted them white. I free handed the swirl designs and DF did a great job cutting the holes in each box so the card can fall straight through, and also the card slit. Here are photos of our finished project!! You can see where the card slit is in the last picture. It's on the very top of the box where the flowers are. (please don't mind the background stuff in the photos.)

DSC01766.jpg

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01779.jpg

Aww thanks everyone!! Your comments are all so nice. Sorry I didn't comment back immediately, I didn't even notice the replies!!

This is so pretty. How long did it take to do the freehand. My hands would be shaking all over the place. Your artwork is beautiful.

Thank you. I did this in the winter and therefore it was cold and my hands WERE shaking from the cold. LOL!! It took a while because I had to do it slowly and sometimes go over many times a line to make sure it was completely covered. I'd say one "swirl" (there's 4 swirls PER a side of EACH box) could take anywhere from 15-40 minutes (for all the different layers I had to paint, the two different colors, plus the dots).