LV canvas bag durable after cleaning?

wildcherry21

♥
May 4, 2010
Sorry if there is another thread like this, please direct me to one if there is!

I really want to get my mother a LV bag since she doesn't treat herself to high designer bags (she has mostly Coach). The problem is that she has a bit of OCD and will either clean or throw away bags if they get "dirty" (not often but has happened in the past). How durable is the canvas after it gets washed? I hate to think of spending a lot of money for it to be destroyed. The vernis looks like it can handle a little bit of rough and tumble but I am not really familiar with the quality of LV bags.

LOL sorry if this sounds a bit crazy.

well if my LV bags get dirty i just clean them with a damp cloth... but she just has to be careful about the cowhide leather handles, because of the lighter colour on some of LVs water actually stains(which it has on mine, from rain)

Hmm I do love the Damier...

well if my LV bags get dirty i just clean them with a damp cloth... but she just has to be careful about the cowhide leather handles, because of the lighter colour on some of LVs water actually stains(which it has on mine, from rain)

I don't think that would cut it, I mean like a deep washing (throwing it in the washing machine) :wtf:

Maybe I shouldn't risk it lol it's just that she keeps telling me she wants a LV whenever we go shopping - I feel like she deserves one!

i use baby wipes on my ebene nf...all stains just wipe right off...also, never throw ANYTHING with leather into a washing machine, that's just asking for trouble....

use baby wipes on the canvas if it's dirty, ebene has dark handles, so it doesn't show dirt or stains as easily...an LV SA also recommended i "erase" my bag with a soft eraser to get tougher stains out...

The coated canvas would just need to be wiped clean. The vachetta leather would just darken, but not as easy to "clean". Go with the Damier and it can all be wiped clean and be easy. It is beautiful, too.

Get her a damier bag. I find that they hardly ever look dirty so maybe she won't toss it in the washer. And tell her ahead of time baby wipes only!

Ok, so when I say "dirty" I don't mean in the physical sense like dirt or markings. I mean, if she sees a snake and is carrying her bag she will throw it out. I really can't explain the half of it lol, it's more of a psychological thing.

Thanks for the input!

I don't think any LV bags are good for "repeated deep cleaning" as in "washing machine" clean.

If you understands that you can only clean LV with wipes, then, you can get her one.

But she cannot get over her "deep cleaning/washing machine" then you might have to skip the LV because you'd be so torn up when she ruins it.

Aw! It's so sweet to buy your mom LV :smile:

But it seems like it would be best to buy her a sparkling brand new one! And of course in Damier Ebene and she can care for it since it's very low maintenance. What style will she like? Shoulder or hand held , perhaps cross body?

I think the OP's mom is only worrying about "stains and marks" She is OCD with the "unseen" things. So no matter what pattern/material the LV is in, she'd want to "deep clean it" on regular basis. Which means, no LV will survive repeated "machine washing." They are not design to be washed in water.

I think the OP's mom is only worrying about "stains and marks" She is OCD with the "unseen" things. So no matter what pattern/material the LV is in, she'd want to "deep clean it" on regular basis. Which means, no LV will survive repeated "machine washing." They are not design to be washed in water.

Yes, but not exactly. She doesn't have the obsessive cleaning OCD, it's just the type that is triggered by something as I explained above. It's really a rare occurrence, and it usually never happens. Normally she treats her bags very well and doesn't clean them. I'm just asking on the off chance that does happen (which I doubt it will).

Oh I see! It's really just like any other risk when you carry an expensive bag. Could get stolen or a glass of wine on it or dropped in a puddle or dropped and run over by a bus. If she would really like one get it for her and hope for the best. Personally I think canvas could handle the washer if needed. And if it needs to get tossed some day,what can you do? Life is short!