"Hypocrite" is not the new Vernis color.

funmeg

Feb 12, 2010
I love my amarante alma PM to pieces. I bought it a few months ago and it is pure perfection. I love it as much as my jumbos.

A girlfriend of mine (friends for about a year and a half, our husbands are colleagues, and we are neighbors) is a fellow handbag lover. She wants to buy the exact same bag for Christmas. She asked me if I minded; I lied and said "no". Honestly, I'm quite bothered.

I'm almost 30, why does this bother me so much? I feel like a child! Or is there something to my frustration?

Full disclosure, I bought my ebene MM neverfull after seeing how cute her azur GM neverfull was. So not only am I immature, I'm a hypocrite too.

well honestly, she's not gonna be the only other person with an alma amarante pm, so what happens if you see someone else in the street with the same bag, will you get "jealous" of the stranger too?

Besides, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? :biggrin:

The first thing that came to my mind is "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." She did ask you instead of just going and doing it. It's better to have a friend like that than those who are jealous or criticize you for whatever designer label you have.

When my friend told me that she loved my Azur Neverfull bag and asked if I'd mind if she maybe got one, I was happy for her that I "inspired her", as that was her first LV! It did flatter me!

You are not the only one ! A fren of mine bought a bigger size of my Ebene Speedy and I felt a little bummed. Ridiculous really ! The Speedy is soooooo common and I don't know why I minded that she had something similar to me.

well honestly, she's not gonna be the only other person with an alma amarante pm, so what happens if you see someone else in the street with the same bag, will you get "jealous" of the stranger too?

Besides, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? :biggrin:

The first thing that came to my mind is "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." She did ask you instead of just going and doing it. It's better to have a friend like that than those who are jealous or criticize you for whatever designer label you have.

Of course you are both right! I don't feel flattered even if I should :-P

You are not the only one ! A fren of mine bought a bigger size of my Ebene Speedy and I felt a little bummed. Ridiculous really ! The Speedy is soooooo common and I don't know why I minded that she had something similar to me.

Exactly! I have no idea why I am being so sensitive and childish. It is very frustrating to be preoccupied with something so trivial.

I guess it's understandable, having a bag twins (plus she's someone you meet so often) may sort of diminish the exclusivity of owning this amazing bag, but like someone has rightly pointed out, there are lots of owners out there so no reason to get too upset over it. After all, you have your own unique style and although you carry the same bag as her, you can project a very different image. Wear it with pride and joy!

I get what you're feeling. But its worth noting that she honestly admires your bag and your style. If not anything else, its definitely flattering! And what's nice is she's not trying to "compete" with you, she just really liked what she saw, which is why she first asked you if you're ok with her getting the same bag. I don't think you should feel weird at all. Just my 2 cents. :biggrin: