Post pic on ebay with security tag?

LeeClee

Jan 15, 2009
this is my first time selling one of my bags on ebay (I've sold many smaller ticket items before). Is it a good idea to add a picture in my ebay listing of the bag with the tyvek tag security seal already attached to the bag? Does it matter that the numbers on the security tag are showing in the pic? I want to avoid the whole bait and switch scam I've been reading about. I'm also going to have my fiance film me packing and sealing the package.

I am not sure whether I would add a picture of the security tag on the bag but I think it is a good idea to include the tag in your description. You can add that you will send the bag with a security tag attached and that the bag can only be returned when the tag is still there!
Also, about the filming, I am not sure that will be sufficient to prove you sent it... I think you are still safest when using delivery and signature confirmation! Good luck and don't stress out too much, I know you read all about the horror stories here, but most transactions still go smooth ;):smile:

It wouldn't bother me at all to see a listing pic with a security tag, and I have seen a few before. I love sellers who are thorough and serious about their listings and merchandise!

OP, about the filming- Just filming the packing isn't enough. I actually had myself recorded at the post office packing the bag AND shipping it and the camera was never taken off the package or the bag when the bag was being put into the package. Camera never shut off until after it filmed the box being taken by the postal worker and me paying for it.

Thanks everyone! I put in my listing that the Hermes bag will have a security tag, the whole tagging and packing process will be filmed to protect both myself and the buyer from fraud, and that the bag will be tracked, insured, and require signature upon delivery. You have all helpee me relax with your great advice! Thank you again!

OP, I recommend that you end your listing until you're able to use your own pictures and write your own description. You aren't allowed to use the work of others unless they've given you permission.

OP, I recommend that you end your listing until you're able to use your own pictures and write your own description. You aren't allowed to use the work of others unless they've given you permission.

:confused1: How do you know all this (OP's seller id and that her photos aren't her own???). You always seem so on top of all the info here. It amazes me!

:confused1: How do you know all this (OP's seller id and that her photos aren't her own???). You always seem so on top of all the info here. It amazes me!
I was able to figure it out based on the OP's 3 posts here as well as some of her other PF posts.

I was able to figure it out based on the OP's 3 posts here as well as some of her other PF posts.

Wow, awesome! I try not to meander beyond the Ebay subforum because I feel I've already sunk a piece of my soul here (given how much time I spend reading it now.. it's addictive!) and I'd really have no extra time if I read other parts of the forum (TPF has become my Horacrux.. I kill time here and it takes a bit of me soul :nuts: ;)).

Sometimes I see people banned and their posts seem innocuous and it makes me paranoid about getting banned for, I don't know, referencing Harry Potter one too many times or something...

Wow, awesome! I try not to meander beyond the Ebay subforum because I feel I've already sunk a piece of my soul here (given how much time I spend reading it now.. it's addictive!) and I'd really have no extra time if I read other parts of the forum (TPF has become my Horacrux.. I kill time here and it takes a bit of me soul :nuts: ;)).

Sometimes I see people banned and their posts seem innocuous and it makes me paranoid about getting banned for, I don't know, referencing Harry Potter one too many times or something...

yeah, I used to spend all my time in other sub-forums and now I just love reading this one! It's like watching a crime show, but only it's about purses and stuff, not murders!

btw, why did OP get banned?

yeah, I used to spend all my time in other sub-forums and now I just love reading this one! It's like watching a crime show, but only it's about purses and stuff, not murders!

btw, why did OP get banned?

So true!!

In the Online Forum System, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the TPFers who investigate online scammers and the Mods who sofa king ban them. These are their stories.

Law & Order: The Purse Forum

No idea why she was banned. :shrugs:

So true!!

In the Online Forum System, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the TPFers who investigate online scammers and the Mods who sofa king ban them. These are their stories.

Law & Order: The Purse Forum

No idea why she was banned. :shrugs:

hahahahahahaha That is HILARIOUS!! Great post :biggrin: