Shipped a bag express mail to France, buyer says she cannot & won't pick it up???

melovepurse

super bag hag
O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
Hi everyone:

My first not-so-good experience selling on Bonanza. I sold a Miu Miu bag on November 7, and shipped it out express mail on 11/8/10 at the cost of $47.00. The buyer contacted me on 11/23 to say that the Miu Miu is being held at Chronopost and they are asking for proof of purchase on her end, she says she cannot get to their office, its too far. I checked the "return to sender" box on the customs form and my buyer is requesting a refund. I told her that when I receive the bag back, I will refund her. I'm of course disappointed because I think she just does not want to pay the customs on the bag. Chronopost is the express mail expediter in France I guess. The tracking from USPS says that the bag is in French customs since 11/10/10.

Should I contact Pay Pal to tell them what's going on? I supposed I should go to the Post Office Monday too and ask how I can get my package back here quickly as possible. What a pain!!!!!

did she file a case against you? i wouldn't worry about paypal if she hasn't filed a case
it does sound like she doesn't want to pay for customs
i bought a lv bag on ebay from japan and i had to fax a copy of the paypal invoice to them before they would release it and i had to pay for customs
i would think that she would be able to fax the form and they would deliver it

i would go to the post office to see if you can recall the package!
good luck!

did she file a case against you? i wouldn't worry about paypal if she hasn't filed a case
it does sound like she doesn't want to pay for customs
i bought a lv bag on ebay from japan and i had to fax a copy of the paypal invoice to them before they would release it and i had to pay for customs
i would think that she would be able to fax the form and they would deliver it

i would go to the post office to see if you can recall the package!
good luck!

This. Although it's possible that she's avoiding doing this because she's worried about how much customs would be. But I would send her a (polite) note that suggests she should be able to fax them the Bonanza invoice without having to go there in person.

Hi everyone:

My first not-so-good experience selling on Bonanza. I sold a Miu Miu bag on November 7, and shipped it out express mail on 11/8/10 at the cost of $47.00. The buyer contacted me on 11/23 to say that the Miu Miu is being held at Chronopost and they are asking for proof of purchase on her end, she says she cannot get to their office, its too far. I checked the "return to sender" box on the customs form and my buyer is requesting a refund. I told her that when I receive the bag back, I will refund her. I'm of course disappointed because I think she just does not want to pay the customs on the bag. Chronopost is the express mail expediter in France I guess. The tracking from USPS says that the bag is in French customs since 11/10/10.

Should I contact Pay Pal to tell them what's going on? I supposed I should go to the Post Office Monday too and ask how I can get my package back here quickly as possible. What a pain!!!!!

OP have you tried the eBaydutycalculator. This should give you an idea of how much the buyer is up for. It may or may not be a huge amount. Just put in your item number and the country, in this case France.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the advice -

I couldn't use the ebay customs calculator because I sold the bag on Bonanzle not Ebay.
I actually declared it at a lower value so she would not have to pay as much. (I know, I will never do that again) So if she faxes them the Pay Pal receipt, it does not match the customs. This may be the issue. customs form says $500 value.

Either way, I asked her to tell them to "return to sender" and I will refund her when I receive the bag. I just hope it actually gets back to me in same condition as when it left!

Not happy. :confused1::confused1::confused1::sad::sad::sad:

Thanks for all the advice -

I couldn't use the ebay customs calculator because I sold the bag on Bonanzle not Ebay.
I actually declared it at a lower value so she would not have to pay as much. (I know, I will never do that again) So if she faxes them the Pay Pal receipt, it does not match the customs. This may be the issue. customs form says $500 value.

Either way, I asked her to tell them to "return to sender" and I will refund her when I receive the bag. I just hope it actually gets back to me in same condition as when it left!

Not happy. :confused1::confused1::confused1::sad::sad::sad:

Looks like the VAT is a total of 159 euros at the actual value, so she probably does not want to pay it.

Thanks for the update. Hope it arrives back safely. It is not worth underdeclaring because of the risks. Its just better to play hardball with buyers from France because their customs are becoming increasingly strict with paperwork. They often hold items for days. The buyer either wants it, with all the joys and responsibilities or they don't. A good person to block really.

Thanks shinymagpie - I should've investigated further into France before accepting her offer. I did have a bad feeling though and should have listened to that! This is my first bad experiene internationally since I started selling on ebay OR bonanzle since 2007 so I guess every one has to learn the hard way eventually.

Thanks shinymagpie - I should've investigated further into France before accepting her offer. I did have a bad feeling though and should have listened to that! This is my first bad experiene internationally since I started selling on ebay OR bonanzle since 2007 so I guess every one has to learn the hard way eventually.

I have shipped to buyers in France who have been absolutely excellent. But there are a few who are not, and they give a bad impression.

Hang in there! 1 in 3 years is pretty good really.