question re: selling OBO on Bonanza

penpen21

O.G.
May 31, 2010
A potential buyer and I have agreed upon a price. My offer is listed OBO. Will the buyer have an option to enter her offer with paypal? Does she need to add the shipping price to this amount? Or do I need to change the price on my listed item?
Thank you!

Your buyer will make a best offer on Bonanza, I believe the offer is for the full amount with shipping included. You then have to accept her offer before she can pay.
congrats on your sale !

This OBO thing is so complicated that I'm thinking of removing them all from my listings. Is it just me or is it hard to navigate through all the offers especially if they are from the same person? I actually find eBay easier to understand.

Also, I've made horrible mistakes with my OBO on my offers. I actually sold an old, lowball offer by mistake!

Is it just me?

Honestly I find Bonanza confusing compared to Ebay. It took me forever to find out where I go to leave feedback for a seller, I finally found it via the 'notifications' like which was sitting at '0' for me so I never thought to look there. Then I went to remove an item today after it sold on Ebay and took me too long to figure out how to delete the darn item. It doesn't seem very user friendly.

Linda

In order for the buyer to make an offer, they need to do the following:

1. Go to item
2. Click add to cart
3. View my cart
4. At the bottom of the box is a "make an offer" button
5. When they make their offer, they can check off either "Shipping Included in my offer price" or "I'll pay additional costs for shipping"

You can either accept or counter. All counteroffers include shipping whether or not their original offer did.

1. Go to item
2. Click add to cart
3. View my cart
5. When they make their offer, they can check off either "Shipping Included in my offer price" or "I'll pay additional costs for shipping"

You can either accept or counter. All counteroffers include shipping whether or not their original offer did.
The offers I receive never have shipping as part of the offer. ($900 and $35 of that is shipping sort of thing... ) It's just, as an example - $900.

So they are really lowballing if they won't include or add shipping to their offer? Essentially I pay for shipping out of their total offer?

Is that why I've never seen your #5. point - "When they make their offer, they can check off either "Shipping Included in my offer price" or "I'll pay additional costs for shipping?"

1. Go to item
2. Click add to cart
3. View my cart

The offers I receive never have shipping as part of the offer. ($900 and $35 of that is shipping sort of thing... ) It's just, as an example - $900.

So they are really lowballing if they won't include or add shipping to their offer? Essentially I pay for shipping out of their total offer?

Is that why I've never seen your #5. point - "When they make their offer, they can check off either "Shipping Included in my offer price" or "I'll pay additional costs for shipping?"
I've attached a screenshot of what the buyer gets on the offer page. It's on the left where they can check whether their offer includes shipping or not. (The default is that their offer includes shipping and I suspect that most buyers wouldn't change that.)

offerscreenshot.png

Hmm usually I ask if the BO includes the shipping amount the buyer wants to pay. Then again I haven't used it in a while so it might be different now. I find Bonanza to be quite easy to use. I think if you use your account often enough and glance around, you'll find your way around the site and ease up to it.

Sorry this is sort of OT to your situation OP.

When the buyer and I agree on a OBO price I relist the item (without the OBO option)including the shipping fee in the item price. I don't know if this make sense but for me it's easier this way.