Where do you put your birkin 30 or 35 on an airplane?

Do you take your Birkin with you to the restroom on the airplane?
It's so tight in there...sorry mizzle to hijack your thread.

If I am traveling alone, I try to avoid drinking much before the (hopefully not too long) flight. If I must go to the bathroom, I size up everyone within striking distance, then make a mad dash. It's not ideal. I did this on Amtrak a few weeks ago and really was not happy about it.

I will bring my purse to the bathroom. It's not b/c it's a expensive bag. It just that I have my valuables in it. Not 1 million dollar of jewelry like Lindsay Lo but my passport, cc and money. I would hate to be stuck at immigration without my passport.

ppl do steal on the plane even in business and first class. You never know who will walk by when you are not looking after your stuff.

I am just wondering. If you're already carrying a birkin and you just bought another one which you do not want to check in. Are you allowed to carry two birkins on the plane?

^Not flying out of Heathrow which has strict regulations about the amount of hand luggage you can carry on.

But flying out of Paris, I don't foresee a problem.

I think it would also depend which cabin you're flying in.

I have recently flown with one Longchamp Pliage containing a 32 kelly and a 30 birkin. If you can put two birkins in the pliage, you can fly out of Heathrow without any difficulty.

I always put my birkin in my carry on and that goes into the overhead luggage compartment. I agree with WN - the cabin also makes a big difference. I don't have any qualms about putting my bags in the overhead locker in business class, but I might in economy where there is less room (and generally more baggage chaos).

i've taken my 35cm box birkin on the plane several times. i usually place it in it's sleeper first. then instead of putting it under the seat in front of me, i place it directly behind my legs and then i take a blanket and place it over my lap (covering the bag) so the flight attendant can't see it. works EVERY time!!

i've taken my 35cm box birkin on the plane several times. i usually place it in it's sleeper first. then instead of putting it under the seat in front of me, i place it directly behind my legs and then i take a blanket and place it over my lap (covering the bag) so the flight attendant can't see it. works EVERY time!!

I do this too! If I have to run to the ladies room, I take it with me if I need to use the stuff inside (toothbrush, hairbrush, makeup, etc.) but if my seatmate looks reputable, I'll normally cover it with a blanket and ask them to keep an eye on it for me.

I was in Neiman Marcus a while ago trying on Manolos and left my gold Birkin on the chair while I walked over to a mirror - about four steps away - and a grumpy lady said to me "I wouldn't leave your bag there if I were you!" in a very nasty way. I appreciated her warning and the thought behind it, but I don't let my bags control my life. I would never walk out of sight of it, of course, but my #1 rule about luxury items is that when you buy something super expensive or that you really, really love, prepare yourself before you buy it for how you would feel if you lost it. That way, if it ever happens, you'll be upset, but not shattered. Works wonders! I lost a ring once and while I was sad, it wasn't the end of the world. It's just a ring!