Frye Veronica Slouch size help please!

lilkrnone

Oct 22, 2008
Hi everyone!

I wear a 5.5 in the Frye Harness and they fit great, although can't wear them with thick socks. However, I bought the Veronica's in 6 (didn't have 5.5) and I can fit them with thick socks. They do slip off my heels a bit, but should I just keep them or return them? I really love these boots and don't want to return them, but I know I should really wear shoes that fit better. I asked what the difference between a size 5.5 and 6 was and helpful CSR told me it's about 0.8 cm difference. Any advice?! TIA!!!

@luvmy3girls - I wish I did, but I'm a bit camera shy =P

If you are looking to buy them, they're wonderful! The leather for the calves is much thinner than say, Frye Harness, and I think they did this for the "slouching" effect. Thicker leather doesn't really slouch. The actual foot part is narrow and has a slimming effect. I really love them, and don't want to part with them. Darn my in-between feet =P

My veronicas are a half size bigger than my regular foot size. If they were smaller, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get my foot thru the ankle section. My heel does lift when I walk, but not enough to bother me.

Mine are 8 1/2, and for comparison I have not tried on the Harness boots you own, but have tried a few over the knee Fryes and needed an 8.

I wear thicker socks with mine, and although my heel does slip a little I think they are really comfortable. Probably could wear the 8 as well. Actually notice the heel slipping feeling much less as I wear them. I seriously wear these boots as much as I can they are that comfortable. So as long as you are not UNcomfortable in them they should be fine.

What color did you get?

Mine are 8 1/2, and for comparison I have not tried on the Harness boots you own, but have tried a few over the knee Fryes and needed an 8.

I wear thicker socks with mine, and although my heel does slip a little I think they are really comfortable. Probably could wear the 8 as well. Actually notice the heel slipping feeling much less as I wear them. I seriously wear these boots as much as I can they are that comfortable. So as long as you are not UNcomfortable in them they should be fine.

What color did you get?

I agree. I have the Harness (dark brown) in a size 8 and the Veronica Slouch (black) in a size 8.5. I wear both thin and thick socks with the Veronica Slouch and I don't notice a lot of heel slippage. I probably could fit in an 8 in the Slouch but I imagine then the toe area would be super tight. Honestly, I'd rather have it loose in the heel than squishing my toes! I think you'll be fine keeping the size you have.

Hi everyone!

I wear a 5.5 in the Frye Harness and they fit great, although can't wear them with thick socks. However, I bought the Veronica's in 6 (didn't have 5.5) and I can fit them with thick socks. They do slip off my heels a bit, but should I just keep them or return them? I really love these boots and don't want to return them, but I know I should really wear shoes that fit better. I asked what the difference between a size 5.5 and 6 was and helpful CSR told me it's about 0.8 cm difference. Any advice?! TIA!!!

Did you end up keeping these? I bought the Veronicas in my normal size and they slip up and down like crazy...you can even hear them rub against my socks. I am concerned this will give me tons of blisters, drive me crazy or both. Anybody manage to make it stop as they break in?

Did you end up keeping these? I bought the Veronicas in my normal size and they slip up and down like crazy...you can even hear them rub against my socks. I am concerned this will give me tons of blisters, drive me crazy or both. Anybody manage to make it stop as they break in?
My heels slip in my Veronica Slouch boots, but going down a 1/2 size would definitely be too tight. I think these shoes are so hard in the toe area that sizing down will probably just make your feet feel very cramped. For reference, I wear 8.5 in most Frye boots (Engineer, Harness, Missy) but I needed a 9 in the Veronica.

Tiffanymich said:
Go a half size down. They tend to stretch a bit as well so if they are slipping already then they are going to be too big.

I agree. I just bought two pairs and had to do a half size down in both the shorts and tall Veronicas. I also have relatively slim feet; I ended up returning them because while the length was fine, my heel kept slipping.

I agree. I just bought two pairs and had to do a half size down in both the shorts and tall Veronicas. I also have relatively slim feet; I ended up returning them because while the length was fine, my heel kept slipping.

I reasearched it a bit last night and the heel slippage doesnt appear to be a design flaw. Its just the nature of a slip on boot. Did you end up keeping yours then? I doubt I will be able to get a smaller size unless a come across a return.

I reasearched it a bit last night and the heel slippage doesnt appear to be a design flaw. Its just the nature of a slip on boot. Did you end up keeping yours then? I doubt I will be able to get a smaller size unless a come across a return.

sorry it's been so long! I ended up returning them...it is the nature of the boot, unfortunately. I couldn't deal with the constant rubbing..though I really wanted to love them. I might try them again when my heels heal :P