Update on my poll re Rolex president midsize

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
So I was all set after the poll to get the midsize with white face and gold Romans and tried on one more time prior to purchase.....
And the watch felt too small!!
I have a Rolex midsize yachtmaster which has a chunkier bezel and measures 34mm and now anything with a smaller face feels minute to me.

So now I have the same watch Rolex president yg, 36mm day date on hold for me...I think that wintotty has the same exact watch...

I love it but am nervous because it is so expensive...

Do any of you women have the 36mm watch and if so, any regrets?

I would go with the midsize. I think the trend of large watches will die down someday, and for such an expensive piece, I think I would go for the more conservative midsize, which will always be in style.

The midsize is listed as 31mm is that right?

Funny because I'm debating on a RG datejust that is the 31 and think I'm going to get the smaller size also. But I have two 36 Rolex's.

I think the Day/date is such a stunning watch, esp the combo you're looking at that you would be happy with either.

Rocker, I LOVE big watches, but I think you'll be happier in the long term with the midsize. I have two large Rolex watches, but as I've gotten older, they just don't look quite right on me.

I guess my question for you is whether this is a watch you hope to wear for years to come, or is it something more for the moment? They're both gorgeous watches, and you can't go wrong either way. :heart:

I love the day date it would be my next watch purchase in yg, I love it but I have recently got the datejust in 36mm jubilee starp in SS with pink flower dial & I love the size infact it feels a bit small sometimes but then again I do wear a santos 100 & 38mm Chanel & also sometimes steal my DH Rolex TT Sub & love the size of that, I love a big watch on ladies it can look very cool on a night out if you dont wear too much other jewellery, I allways get comments about my watches, Ive got a mid size tank which I love but it sometimes feels too small, but it has to feel right on your wrist & :woohoo:you shouldnt choose because of whats in at the moment it is a big investment & your going to have it for years but I really dont think you can go wrong with the day date it is a stunning watch, post pics when you get your new watch.

There is only a 2mm difference. I don't think you'll notice size difference.

I really don't think the large watch trend will end anytime soon. When Rolex starts changing their styles, you know its going to last. They are making larger mens (40mm) and the new womens are starting at 31mm.

It depends on your body type.
I like both. However, big watch is only for sport wearing.

Personally I think, for that expensive watch, you should get one for all occasions.

Lol! Unfortunately I don't get invited to any grand dinners.

Thanks all for your advice.... I'm still thinking....

Rockerchic - let me put it in another perspective, what about family weddings? Your daughter's wedding? It can be a bit far fetched but hey it's an expensive watch and you want it to last a lifetime and pass it to your daughter....please do.

I went to try them again and the 36 definitely won out for me. I like to dress casual cool so this works better for me. Also I should have mentioned that I do have few watches and I think this will round out the group. Then no more watches for me!
I have the yatchmaster ss/platinum for very casual, a chopard happy sport/with diamond bezel for dressier and this will be a great gold one for everyday to switch off with the yatchmaster.