My 1st Chanel! Which one?!?!

Plus, I think gold can get a bit too much. If you want an everyday bag, I think Silver is softer and can go with anything!

You can get gold hardware the next time you want to get a smaller Chanel bag for nightime/dressier events!

Congrats on passing the bar!!! You deserve a nice new chanel bag. If you don't carry around much I would suggest a woc. I'm pretty partial to this style because of it's practicality and the fact that I don't carry much. Out of the options that you were thinking about (cerf, gst, jumbo). I would probably go with the cerf, it's less expensive than the jumbo & really subtle/simple in design, perfect for a new attorney! :smile:

My vote is the a black Cerf with GHW. Such a fabulous bag. Great for carrying and organizing your daily essentials plus paperwork, etc. that you will have for work.

I just :heart: :heart: :heart: mine!

Department stores do offer promotional discounts off your first days purchases (new card holders only) - usually anywhere from 10% (Saks) to 15-20% (Bloomies).

Neimans also offers special promotions too, like 6 months no interest (which is nice).

Its also great to buy big purchases during a department stores point events or gift card events. I am a Saks gal myself :smile: .. and love double and triple points events!

For me, I think I would want the Chanel experience of buying my first bag at the store...would be a neat father/daughter outing to get your first Chanel together... but if that doesn't matter to you, you could save him sales tax by shopping with Bergdorf's or Hirschleifers.

See Chanel Shopping/Recommended Sales Associates for details as to who people recommend to shop with. :smile:

Wishing you happy shopping for your first Chanel and congrats on passing the bar!

:flowers:

My vote is the a black Cerf with GHW. Such a fabulous bag. Great for carrying and organizing your daily essentials plus paperwork, etc. that you will have for work.

I just :heart: :heart: :heart: mine!

Department stores do offer promotional discounts off your first days purchases (new card holders only) - usually anywhere from 10% (Saks) to 15-20% (Bloomies).

Neimans also offers special promotions too, like 6 months no interest (which is nice).

Its also great to buy big purchases during a department stores point events or gift card events. I am a Saks gal myself :smile: .. and love double and triple points events!

For me, I think I would want the Chanel experience of buying my first bag at the store...would be a neat father/daughter outing to get your first Chanel together... but if that doesn't matter to you, you could save him sales tax by shopping with Bergdorf's or Hirschleifers.

See Chanel Shopping/Recommended Sales Associates for details as to who people recommend to shop with. :smile:

Wishing you happy shopping for your first Chanel and congrats on passing the bar!

:flowers:

Ohh, I never even thought of doing that-he'd probably love to save the sales tax! I'm quite impatient though!

Thanks for the wonderful suggestions!

Im not sure what stores would be best for you to buy from, as im in Australia, But after waiting so long for a chanel bag, ( congrats on passing btw ) Id choose a Black caviar jumbo with Gold hardware. BUT if that is too expensive, a Black caviar GST with gold hardware, I dont think you can get better than those... And especially if you are not going to buy another for a long time, or ever.. then those would be the best choices to me. If you buy a cerf tote, which i think is stunning also, i have a feeling you would regret and want a classic. I hope i have helped a little bit, congrats and good luck!

Just want to quickly say, that all chanel bags are beautiful in their own way, and in the end, you have to LOVE the bag you choose! Id definitely suggest trying on a few to get an idea of what you like and what suits you! But i dont think you would have any problems with a Caviar jumbo or caviar gst, and i said gold hardware because it is so classic, so beautiful and compliments any outfit!

I got my purse today!!!! I went to Neiman Marcus with my dad and picked it out. He was able to save the sales tax by having it shipped to his address in another state and then he'll ship it right back to me. I had a big struggle deciding between two specific purses but I'm so happy with the one I ended up getting. Reveal to come as soon as I receive it! Yay!

I got my purse today!!!! I went to Neiman Marcus with my dad and picked it out. He was able to save the sales tax by having it shipped to his address in another state and then he'll ship it right back to me. I had a big struggle deciding between two specific purses but I'm so happy with the one I ended up getting. Reveal to come as soon as I receive it! Yay!

I'm so excited for you!

Oh waw, congrats!!
And I would go for a Jumbo. It might be more expensive but it is suck a timeless, classic, elegant bag that I am sure you will be using forever!

edit: I see you got one!! Which one did you get?! I am looking forward to see your reveal :smile:

I had to chime in and congratulate you on passing the CAL Bar. I too just passed the July CA bar exam and am thinking of getting another Chanel bag, specifically the Cerf tote (trying to find more info on the medallion).

I know you already purchased your Chanel and I'm sure you will LOVE whatever bag you chose. To echo a lot of what's been already said, the Jumbo is a wonderful everyday bag. I switch between the Jumbo and a Maxi, although the Maxi is more my size for what I carry.

Anyway, Congrats again for YOUR own 2 C's: Chanel & CBX

Congrats to the OP and leatherobsessed! I just passed the CA bar, too and also bought myself a new Chanel tote to celebrate (and later use for work).

I can't wait to find out what you got, foxy. I'll keep an eye out for your reveal.

Marose28, Congratulations!! It's such a relief to have that beast over with. Which Chanel did you purchase?

Thanks. Yeah my whole family's ecstatic. I was told I was a smidge *****y when I was in studying mode. On my side, I just remember the panic. Lol.

I got a navy reissue tote... It's my first reissue ever! Can't wait to receive it. Have u decided on the cerf?