Boho Woven Fringe Bag

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
Help.....I have the opportunity to purchase this bag at a VERY good price. When I first saw the bag I absolutely loved it. So I got a call today that it's on sale. Of course I initially said yes, I want it but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering if it's really too much of a spring bag and I won't be able to use it now - and also, I'm thinking how long fringe will be around. Though it does appear many seasons, I am having doubts too.
What do you think? The bag is sensational is person - photos do not do justice to it. Am I making a mistake if I go ahead with this purchase.
Thanks for your input.

first of all, are you talking about the large or small Boho?
I had the Small Boho very briefly - as much as I loved the bag, it just wasn't going to work for me. To begin with, I found the fringe very overwhelming. Are you taller? I'm only 5 feet, and the fringe seemed to take over the bag (it's al you really saw). The other problem I had with the bag was getting in and out of it -- the opening isn't very wide, and the strap is very awkward. It would either fall into the bag when I'd open or I'd have to push it out of the way - the strap doesn't fall nicely to one side or the other, and it's sort of a PITA to get and out of the bag

I took some pics of it -- let me find the thread for you, so that you can see what I'm talking about and decide for yourself whether or not it'll work for you

I love the bag itself - the leather was really nice and I liked the various textures of the basket weave. I had said at the time that if I could get it on sale for a REALLY good price, I'd consider getting one and removing about half the fringe

Thanks for your comme'nts. I know the fringe is on the long side. I am only 5 2 so I'm not that tall. When I put the bag on my shoulder, a few weeks ago, all I thought about is how I loved the bag. I didn't really go into all the details. So today when I got the call it was going to be put on sale, I preordered it. Of course i could get out of it when I go in person next weekend, but what I remember about it is I flipped for it. I have traditional bags - all designer , Gucci, Chanel Large Flap, 3 Balenciagas, YSL, MJ quilted and unquilted and I thought this bag would be a fun bag but if I'm going to look stupid it's not worth a dollar to me. I just can't tell. (BTW, the bag is the one that sells for in the vicinity of $1,800 if that helps with the size. Would that be the large hobo?

Oh decisions decisions, so hard to make.

did you look at the pics in that thread? there are modeling pics too --
if you love the bag you should definitely get it and give it a try. You can always return it if you decide it's not for you -- I really do love this bag, but for me personally, it was too much fringe - combined with the strap and the not-so-easy access to the inside of the bag, it just didn't make sense for me to get it.

It's probably the same one I had that's going on sale -- the large hobo is pretty large (it reminds me of a gym/duffel bag actually!)

I saw the bag in person today and I just have to have it. It's very special and tho the fringes are long, it makes no difference to me. I could see how it could not be appealing to many but if you knew me you'd understand. I just love unusual looks and this bag screams unusual. So thanks for your threads and advice. :smile:

I love that bag! Not everyone can pull it off but if you can, then go for it! The woven metallic and snakeskin is so unique! Please post pics when you get it--we haven't seen enough love for that bag around here. I hope to someday find the small one for cheap.

I saw the bag in person today and I just have to have it. It's very special and tho the fringes are long, it makes no difference to me. I could see how it could not be appealing to many but if you knew me you'd understand. I just love unusual looks and this bag screams unusual. So thanks for your threads and advice. :smile:

That's fantastic -- you have to post pics when you get it!
Did you get the blue and grey one?
I really loved the bag itself (all those textures & various leathers!) -- I just wish I could pull off the fringe.
I still would get one if I could get it cheap enough that I wouldn't feel so guilty removing some of the fringe on the bottom, cuz the bag itself is great!!