A substitue for tennis shoes...

While traveling I ususally sport my VS yoga outfit with a pair of flip flops. But when I last flew it occured to me how nasty it was to wear flip flops... Walk barefoot through security(YUCK!) then your feet are uncovered and exposed to the underneath of the seat in front of you AND the floor on the plane(both of which are beyond disgusting even in first class!!).

I have come to the conclusion that I need to wear shoes that cover my feet! My next flight is an 10 hour to Hawaii so it's back to the VS yoga outfit... What shoes can I wear besides my Nike Shox running and gym shoes? What would you recommend?

Toms has a new style of shoe called cordones, which have laces and look sort of like tennis shoes. You have the option to wear them with or without laces so if you're travelling, you can wear them without laces so they slip off easily for security checks.

i've always hated tennis shoes because they're so bulky and look too sporty. but i saw some cute lacoste tennis shoes and adidas has some that are more for fashion as opposed to athletics. these shoes are basically just for looks, not sports performance.

ballet flats
repetto zizis (most comfortable shoes ever)
newbark shoes look really comfy, and toms too.

i hate trainers too :yucky: but really, i'd probably just bring socks to wear for the flight - i always take my shoes off anyway.

My faves are:
Nike Free
Toms
Tory Burch Revas

I have to agree 100% with all three of these. I love them all. I would also have to add PUMA Speed Cats.

http://www.zappos.com/puma-speed-cat-sd-us-java-brown-winter-white

These are my favorite sneakers for traveling in Europe, because they don't scream "I'm an American tourist!" They're cute, comfy, and a bit sexy, IMO.

But for airplane travel, I have been wearing my TOMS every time. Slip-ons are must for getting through security, and I adore my TOMS with leggings and a sweater for airplane comfort.