Books & Music Another good vampire series?

completely forgot about Christine Feehan's Carpathian Dark Series - she makes the distinction between "Carpathians" (an old race of long-living people with telepathic abilities who drink blood and are burned by sunlight) and "vampires" (Carpathians gone over to the dark side). It's a really good series, starts with Dark Prince - about the Prince of the Carpathians falling in love with a human. The world building is good as are the characters and there's an underlying plot line that runs through all the books. The most recent books in the series (there are 25+) are a little nauseating in their use of the "Carpathian" language (aka random foreign words thrown in) but the plot line keeps me reading.

nope, Keyon's Dark-Hunter series (which I assume you're talking about? It's her most popular) isn't about vampires... they're "dark hunters" aka vampire hunters. It's a fun series, pretty graphic/erotic from what I remember. There are also a couple spin-offs like the Dream-Hunters and Were-Hunters.

After the first 6, I became bored. She is very predictable. It got to the point where it seemed she just decided to "insert name here" and make a different book. I don't know if she changed the formula in later books, but I didn't have the patience to find out.

After the first 6, I became bored. She is very predictable. It got to the point where it seemed she just decided to "insert name here" and make a different book. I don't know if she changed the formula in later books, but I didn't have the patience to find out.

Yes! In total agreement. I was far too enthusiastic after reading the third book that I decided to buy a whole chunk of the series... unfortunately I ended up ditching the series after the 6th book because the books become mindless and unreadable.

The Night Huntress series is cute. Christine Feehan's Carpathian series was not for me; far too cheesy. Susan Sizemore also has vampire offerings, but they didn't really do it for me either. I did like J. R. Ward. She has a distinctive style which is fun to read (the first and second books are the best). I quite liked Vampire Academy. The Anita Blake series is trashtastic.

The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian is pretty good. It's very graphic as far as sex and violence, but there's a lot of action and drama.

There are a couple of spin-offs from the Jeanette Frosts Night Huntress series, that are pretty good.

Most of the supernatural books I read are pretty heavy on the violence (with some sex added in). :smile:

If you're a history buff, you might like Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Saint-Germain chronicles. Basically it's the title character living throughout various times in history (Ancient Rome, WWII, etc.) Her novels are very well-researched for historical accuracy. You don't have to read them all, and you don't have to read them in order, either! Hotel Transylvania is my absolute favorite.

The Vampire Acadamey By Richelle Mead
The Darke Academy By Gabrielle Poole
Evernight By Claudia Gray
The Mortal Instruments By Cassandra Clare
The Infernal Devices By Cassandra Clare
The House Of Night Series By Kristen & P.C. Cast
The Vampire Diaries By L.G. Smith
The Night World Series By L.G. Smith

I don't know other ones atm because im not near my bookcase xD

Some of them arent all about vampires but have vampires in them.

EDIT*
The Morganville Vampires By Rachel Caine

IMO, the House of Night series is terrible. Of course I've read them all. I've read that P.C. Cast has signed on for a 12 book deal, so I'll be reading them all. But it's a poorly written series and highly annoying. :P

IMO, the House of Night series is terrible. Of course I've read them all. I've read that P.C. Cast has signed on for a 12 book deal, so I'll be reading them all. But it's a poorly written series and highly annoying. :P

I have to say I havent really enjoyed The House of Night series as much as some of the others. xD