Should I return it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandbagAshley

Got my HG!
O.G.
Dec 26, 2006
Ok, here's what I am thinking: I have 10 coach bags and I am feeling like I am neglecting the one's I am not wearing. I have the Soho Signature Studded Large Hobo 6426 that I am not wearing but once in a while. I lost the receipt, but wondered if I could still return it to Coach for merch credit? I have the original tag and card.

Here's my dilema:
1.) Do you think I should return it and get merchandise credit?

2.) Do you think I should sell it on eBay and risk the chance of not selling it for what I paid for it? But, would get cash instead of credit.

3.) Open for other suggestions.

4.) It's not been in the stores since last year, can I still return it to the Coach stores for merch credit?

coach_signaturestuddedhobo.jpg

Yes, it is still new. I only wore it once and then I got the Carly and put it in the dustbag and it's been there ever since. How sad. If I said I got it as a gift will they refund me the money or will I still receive merchandise credit?

Yes, it is still new. I only wore it once and then I got the Carly and put it in the dustbag and it's been there ever since. How sad. If I said I got it as a gift will they refund me the money or will I still receive merchandise credit? Because it was kind of a gift. My mom paid half because she knew I wanted it.

Ashley:

Return the bag. Coach will give you the merchandise credit.
I returned a bag that I wore three times and then decided was
not for me. I returned it for a full credit to my card. I had the tags
and the receipt and the Coach Store allowed me to return it. I have
seen your collection and you do have a lot of bags. I know you love
you Legacy 65th Anniversary shoulder bag as well as the new stitched
hobo you just got. I am sorry but I don't like this bag at all so I say
return it for a full credit if you can. The Legacy Leather slim tote will
be out on Feb 15th. If you get a credit you can use it towards the
PCE Event in March and buy something with a discount of 25%.

There is no time limit on returns as long as it's brand new still :smile:

Thanks Sprinkles. I couldn't do it till mid Feb. anyway. Just was thinking about it. Can't decide if I should or not.

The only problem is if I get merch credit, that means I would just buy another one that I don't love as much.

Or I could wait till later when something does come out that I like.

Ahh...I don't know what to do.

Ashley:

Return the bag. Coach will give you the merchandise credit.
I returned a bag that I wore three times and then decided was
not for me. I returned it for a full credit to my card. I had the tags
and the receipt and the Coach Store allowed me to return it. I have
seen your collection and you do have a lot of bags. I know you love
you Legacy 65th Anniversary shoulder bag as well as the new stitched
hobo you just got. I am sorry but I don't like this bag at all so I say
return it for a full credit if you can. The Legacy Leather slim tote will
be out on Feb 15th. If you get a credit you can use it towards the
PCE Event in March and buy something with a discount of 25%.

I think you're right. I have some time to think. I'll let you know what I do.

I don't know a WHOLE lot about Coach's return policy ... but I have returned a bag I have worn twice once I realized it was not for me. I tried to love it but just didn't. They were more than happy to give me store credit. Most places will allow you to return bags as long as they are in SELLABLE CONDITION ... for example, if you used the bag twice and it still looks brand new, great, if you got a pen stain on it, not great.

You can't return it if you used it sorry that's not honest!

I think Coach knows people try bags out for a bit and if they don't like them return them. It's not like we are wearing them for a year and returning them because something new comes out. We are returning items that are new, that we just didn't like for one reason or another. I wouldn't return an item unless it was just like I bought it. And when I said I wore it once, it was for about an hour to drive down to my mom's where we went to her Coach store and got the Carly. I then put it in the dustbag and moved all my inside stuff into the Carly. That's way less time then the bags in the boutiques get and they are still sold. It's not being dishonest, it's being reasonable.

I also agree that it's not considered new since you've worn it once. If you tell the SA that you wore it but didn't like it and they allow you to return it then that's on them.

Ok if that is store policy but here if you use a bag then they will not take it back. I mean truthfully i would be furious if i thought that i was paying full price for a bag that someone had used!

Status
Not open for further replies.