New to COACH.

Fille

More bags, please!
O.G.
Aug 13, 2010
Hello :smile:
I´m new to COACH (as to any designer brand, really...) and need a bit of advice in which model/bag to purchase. I need a medium/big bag that can be carried over the shoulder and in the hand as well. Both canvas and leather will do. Black as well as fun colors will do too. I did browse the COACH website but found it a bit overwhelming.

TIA.

i say maybe a sophia or if you dont like the shape of those a poppy luxey.

they're both very versatile and can be used as either a shoulder bag or satchel, or if you want to search ebay or bonanza i'd try all of our personal favorite bag, the sabrina she's amazing =]

oh and :welcome2::tpfrox: =]

maggie's! mia/madison, madison shoulder bag - might be too big for you.

i think my maggies perfect for my shoulder but i carry it in hand alot.

Last edited:
Oh, goodness...
Welcome to the world of Coach. Coach has created 857249032 different styles, with 500 different shades of colors.
There is Zoe, Audrey, Sabrina, Sophia, Maggie, Leigh, Lily, Kristin...just pick up any female baby name book, let it fall on the floor, and put your finger on a page with your eyes closed...
More than likely, Coach made a bag by that name. ;)
LOL!

No seriously...I think you would really like any of the names I mentioned above...especially Kristin. I just got the satchel, and I can wear it on the crook of my elbow...or with the shoulder strap. Very versatile. However, a lot of Coach is versatile...

Beware: Once you buy one...in a year you'll have 50. :P

Good luck, and dont be scared...it is overwhelming, but it's okay. You'll find something! :biggrin:

Edit to add: Yeah...those numbers up there are estimates. In my own head. LOL!

Last edited:
Thank you, girls, alot to choose from I can see.... will deffo go shopping online in the new year but think I´ll avoid eBay bc of having read too many horror stories :wondering:

On the coach website there's a drop down menu that allows you to see all the bags either by line, by color, shape, etc. I found the site overwhelming at first too, but I use the search feature to help visualize what I don't like and locate what I do like. I think I started out by looking by line so I could quickly see "yes, I love hamptons...yes, I love poppy...no I don't love this and I don't love that" Also be sure to look at the additional pics shown so you can see how the bag looks on a mannequin...oftentimes I see a bag I love but when I see it beside the mannequin I realize it was too small for my liking or the strap isn't long enough to wear how I wanted to wear it...the visuals are so helpful.

Oh yes, I did use that drop down thing... and fell in love at least 8 times, lol :biggrin:

My next tactic when I'm in love with too many items is to write down those "8" favorite items, write down the price, dimensions and the color I want it in. Then I consider which of those are not necessary (already have the same color or size bag in my collection) - I'm a list-maker so this paring down usually works for me :P And lastly, I flat out NEVER end up choosing one of those bags that I so painstakingly considered...I usually end up with something that didn't catch my eye at first and never made it to my short list. How's that for helpful...hahahaha! I did this recently with the one of the Hamptons, Sophia and Mia (I think that's the name) bags...I finally decided the Sophia was the best fit in my collection but once I made my decision to get the sophia, the Spotlight caught my eye and that's what I went with...hahaha. So much for 2 weeks of pondering and paring.

I sort of did that as well, wrote down a list of the perfect ten and then decided on my faves... I just want them all.... but when Xmas is over I can plan which one(s) to get. I suppose that Coach ship worldwide? :smile:

I take back the ordering the patent leather blue shoulder bag. I just had to return mine because it was defective and so was the replacement bag. The shoulder bag style it beautiful, but I would avoid the patent blue.

I always go through the site and get a "few" styles that I think I really want. But so often when I go and see them IRL I end up with something completely different! Definitely check out the reveal threads of any styles you might be considering. I usually like a convertible satchel style because I like a structured bag but LOVE my Madison shoulder bag which is more smooshy- LOL! Don't hesitate to ask questions and WELCOME!:yahoo::tpfrox: